Player

Hey can anyone give me a nudge on how to find the ‘bak’ file? I’ve found all the vhosts but for the life of me I am getting nowhere in finding this file.

Spoiler Removed

Rooted!

This was my first really HARD box, and I enjoyed every minute of it even it came with frustration and banging my head against the wall.

This is a great box for testing your accumulated knowledge from the easier boxes, I highly recommend it.

If you need any help PM me and I will try to guide you without spoiling the fun of it.

Thank you for you work @MrR3boot .

@trollzorftw said:
Rooted!

This was my first really HARD box, and I enjoyed every minute of it even it came with frustration and banging my head against the wall.

This is a great box for testing your accumulated knowledge from the easier boxes, I highly recommend it.

If you need any help PM me and I will try to guide you without spoiling the fun of it.

Thank you for you work @MrR3boot .

Most welcome mate :slight_smile:

# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Finally got it!
The best machine i ever completed hands down.

If anyone needs any help on this, call me on my Discord (Celesian#0558)

So I think I know the exploit to use but it requires creds… can someone chuck any hints to where these might be or let me know if I am on the wrong track?

Spoiler Removed

Rooted! Very cool and hard box. All about enumeration.

Spoiler Removed

Found some cred but can’t seem to get them to work. Wonder what I’m missing.

Edit: Got in, got some file read and got user.txt. Now to break out of jail.

E2: Got to the edge of root, improperly rewrote a critical file. Time for a reset -_-

E3: Finally rooted!

Finally made it to root! My first hard box, it was very fun. It took me ages but learnt a lot. Thanks @MrR3boot and thanks to all that helped me.
Feel free to PM if you need help!

Nice box so far. I like the video thing. I am able to login, but still stuck in jail after 24 hours. Found a way to make some changes on a page, but I don’t know if that is the way. Tried to inject something, but that did not work the first time. Hope they still keep this machine up and I have some time left to finish this machine.

WOW what a ride … thank you

Hey i am stuck, found and enumerated all vhosts. Searched for the b*k file everywhere but cant find it. Pls pm me a hint on how to continue.

Edit: Got it thx @ rulzg

Type your comment> @Gr33d said:

Hey i am stuck, found and enumerated all vhosts. Searched for the b*k file everywhere but cant find it. Pls pm me a hint on how to continue.

How are you searching for the bk file? Think in the extension or the suffix that a possible b***p file, theoretically, could have

This is a great machine, thank you, @MrR3boot.

There were two really difficult points during my travel.

1. The “backup” station where I tried to find one type of Linux “backup” file and I realized there are other types only two evenings later.

2. The “jail” station where I concentrated on the jail so much that I forgot to examine other opportunities long.

It was a long journey, and I agree that making notes is an important step for gaining final access.

I’m sure that I found an intended way to root access, but applied a “rude” technique to get root SSH connection, so that I reset the machine.

Thanks @MrR3boot for setting up Player, that was indeed a difficult one, my second hard box, took me quite some time and effort. I really liked the avi-part. Thanks @0x6f63746f and @Skybreaker for keeping me on track, in between I got lost at places which were probably not meant as but worked on me like rabbit holes.

Stuck in restricted environment can someone pm me a nudge pls?:slight_smile:

Type your comment> @Gr33d said:

Stuck in restricted environment can someone pm me a nudge pls?:slight_smile:

take a look at the door itself rather than at the jail behind that door

After Im just now getting back to stable after going crazy getting this root…@MrR3boot thinks its okay to throw out Player2. Haha Cant wait.