AI

Spoiler Removed

rooted

PM for nuggets

Hack The Box

After redoing the root part and reading carefully, I realised that the final step wasn’t unstable, but I just needed to try harder. Updated to 5 stars!

root@AI:~# whoami && hostname root AI

Rooted done to manage shell as root

First I say thank you
@j3wker @twypsy

User : This part is very hard for me thank you advice It very real life , Think about outside the box forget everything from this box.

Root : Google is your friend , Find file or process interest and google

Last thank you @mrr3boot for every machine brainfuck for me and learn a lot from you.

I still didn’t manage to find a service, or a tool, which will pass tests for all inputs in the table… any help is appreciated

User was great idea but the execution a bit problematic. I’m not saying author didn’t do his job right, but there are bugs where they shouldn’t be.
(or I was doing everything wrong with online tts services)
The worst part was: one of the suggested words for important query from hints page was not working well, so speaking native command was the solution.

Root was good, but I didn’t get rev shell.
I ended up just extracting the root.txt and reading it.

Spoiler Removed

Update: Thanks @mdghost for the assist!

The initial foothold is becoming beyond frustrating. If someone is open to offering some advice over PM that would be great. I think I have tooling and syntax mostly down but having some issues getting an initial special character to be spoken (if that’s not too spoilery).

Stuck on initial foothold :\

Not loving this box… I get the fun idea of using AI as an attack vector, but it’s simply not stable enough and shouldn’t have been implemented, in my opinion. I think I’ll just let this one retire and move on, it’s not worth the time because I’m not learning anything.

FINALLY! Owned R00T!!!

Thanks @rholas @Xentropy, and @rbt for your comments and help!

@MrR3boot - Re: “Could understand the pain. Remember No pAIn No gAIn. Honestly put lot of effort to make this one. Not sure how it received by the audience…”

Thanks for the pain!!! Learned a lot! The effort to mind-f*** us shows! j/k. It’s a great box that at times made me want to chuck my keyboard across the room.

To everyone else, keep trying, keep pushing, if I can get root, so can you!!!

Rooted Thanks @rholas

User part was annoying but the idea was great, root exploit require patience.

Overall I enjoyed the box.

PM for Hints

@nongtarl said:
root@AI:~# whoami && hostname root AI

Rooted done to manage shell as root

First I say thank you
@j3wker @twypsy

User : This part is very hard for me thank you advice It very real life , Think about outside the box forget everything from this box.

Root : Google is your friend , Find file or process interest and google

Last thank you @mrr3boot for every machine brainfuck for me and learn a lot from you.

I’m happy that i’m being part of your learning path :slight_smile:

@c1cada said:
FINALLY! Owned R00T!!!

Thanks @rholas @Xentropy, and @rbt for your comments and help!

@MrR3boot - Re: “Could understand the pain. Remember No pAIn No gAIn. Honestly put lot of effort to make this one. Not sure how it received by the audience…”

Thanks for the pain!!! Learned a lot! The effort to mind-f*** us shows! j/k. It’s a great box that at times made me want to chuck my keyboard across the room.

To everyone else, keep trying, keep pushing, if I can get root, so can you!!!

Good work :slight_smile:

@Swerzi said:
Not loving this box… I get the fun idea of using AI as an attack vector, but it’s simply not stable enough and shouldn’t have been implemented, in my opinion. I think I’ll just let this one retire and move on, it’s not worth the time because I’m not learning anything.

If you feel its not stable maybe you didn't get the whole concept yet. Just try harder

Rooted, Finally … the root part need to read about the Vuln, don’t do it blindly, read and try to understand how the exploitation process works, for me took time to do that, but after that the exploitation process for root is stable, root part let me think out of the box the most part I get enjoyed in. Many thanks @MrR3boot .

got root.

tips for user:
if something is not well understood put breaks in your sentence.
tips for root:
just a little enumeration.

pm me if you have questions.

For me it’s a fun box, Thanks @MrR3boot .

Really struggling to find a TTS engine that isn’t misunderstood by the recognition. I’ve tried every TTS implementation I can find from a certain company mention on a very “intelligent” page on the box, but they all seem just about as terrible as the others…

If anyone has any suggestions on TTS engines to try…it would be appreciated

Definitely an interesting one.

root@testies:~/pentest/labs/htb/AI# nc -lnvp 1234
listening on [any] 1234 …
connect to [10.10.14.32] from (UNKNOWN) [10.10.10.163] 53514
bash: cannot set terminal process group (12249): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
root@AI:~# id
id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
root@AI:~#

@Icyb3r said:
Rooted, Finally … the root part need to read about the Vuln, don’t do it blindly, read and try to understand how the exploitation process works, for me took time to do that, but after that the exploitation process for root is stable, root part let me think out of the box the most part I get enjoyed in. Many thanks @MrR3boot .

Same applicable to user too :wink: