Mango

Spoiler Removed

W00t w00t !

Thanks @JadeWolf for assisting me with the re**x syntax ive been losing my ■■■■ over that one :slight_smile:
Oh and I LOVED the box @MrR3boot , learned a ton here, cant think of a higher praise

@D3Fix said:
@MrR3boot is there a kind of request limiter on the box?

Nope.

@HumanFlyBzzzz said:
W00t w00t !

Thanks @JadeWolf for assisting me with the re**x syntax ive been losing my ■■■■ over that one :slight_smile:
Oh and I LOVED the box @MrR3boot , learned a ton here, cant think of a higher praise

Me too :slight_smile:

finally got root … Nice box and very tasty mango … Learn much more …

Thank you who are helped me.

rooted, very nice box :smiley:

Finally got root!! Thanks, @MrR3boot for this box, and @hlyblyhakr for the hints.

Hints for this box:

User

• Listen to the responses
  • Don’t brute force, you won’t get anything from it
  • Dirbuster is not your friend
  • Boxname is a really big hint

Root

• Standard enum and get the flag with one simple command
  • gtfobins

For more hints, PM me. But be clear where you got stuck and what you already have done.

To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before!
ok… m*ngos were absolutely new to me… but really funny… (kind of irreal security concept … isnt’it?)

hints from me?..
hints from me:
i made an absolutly ugly script to get an regex password without special chars (ecaped as ‘.’)… and then glued them together with a list of escaped characters… urgh… but it worked…
so my hint:
payloadallthethingsanddontstopthere

root not to mention… ;)… you’ll see it if you’re admin…

thanks for the machine…

found the login page ~ found the username ~ and well stuck at finding password -__- can someone give me tips for the correct expression code? rooted

my way: if its not alphanumeric or the safe specialchars… use regex ‘.’ … and guess next char… in the end you have an almost perfect password… now search for the missing special char… (of course without regex)…

ok… again i consider this as ugly… but both passwords only had 1 alien inside… so it
worked…

Type your comment> @GChester said:

Can someone who’s solved this DM me to discuss enumerating creds. I’ve of enumerated users with scripts modified from different web places but I can’t successfully modify them to get passwords. I get different passwords back depending on the script I run.

Im not sure if it’s my logic or my poor python modifying ability.

Same boat :S

Can someone who has solved this please DM to discuss the password regex details, currently have my script responding to the requests, however I am struggling to pass it in the right way.

root@mango:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

As someone with little to no coding skills I finally managed to get root on this box, and I must say it feels like a great accomplishment.

Thanks @MrR3boot for a great box, and thanks @D3Fix for the hints regarding initial foothold.

In the end it was one silly character (^) that cost me hours of time and countless hairs on my head. PM me if you need any hints.

Finally rooted! Great box @MrR3boot !!
Thank @D3Fix for the hint!

@brueh said:
To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before!
ok… m*ngos were absolutely new to me… but really funny… (kind of irreal security concept … isnt’it?)

hints from me?..
hints from me:
i made an absolutly ugly script to get an regex password without special chars (ecaped as ‘.’)… and then glued them together with a list of escaped characters… urgh… but it worked…
so my hint:
payloadallthethingsanddontstopthere

root not to mention… ;)… you’ll see it if you’re admin…

thanks for the machine…

Kind of irreal security concept... isnt'it ? well its not. So many apps sitting in cloud using same technology which mightbe vulnerable to this kinda issue.

@MrR3boot Thank you soo much for this box learned a lot and well you tested my patience so well to get the credentials :frowning:

Hints:-
User:
Enumerate Enumerate Enumerate :slight_smile:
once you found the page understand the technology behind it.
–where would u store the user name and password?
–does that storage has a name ?
MANGO is a super hint :smiley:

write some code,exploit it and well you need to have little bit of python knowledge :slight_smile:
patience patience patience :smiley:
you got user and for
Root:
basic enumeration and little bit of GTFOBins and you have root :smiley:

@AnonSimba said:
@MrR3boot Thank you soo much for this box learned a lot and well you tested my patience so well to get the credentials :frowning:

Hints:-
User:
Enumerate Enumerate Enumerate :slight_smile:
once you found the page understand the technology behind it.
–where would u store the user name and password?
–does that storage has a name ?
MANGO is a super hint :smiley:

write some code,exploit it and well you need to have little bit of python knowledge :slight_smile:
patience patience patience :smiley:
you got user and for
Root:
basic enumeration and little bit of GTFOBins and you have root :smiley:

Well Done :slight_smile:

So I just want to thank @MrR3boot for creating a box that was definitely a nice challenge for my first non-retired box. First time juicing the mangoes, and it was well worth the squeeze.

Another thank you to @D3Fix, you have no idea how much your guidance helped along the way.

This is what I have learned:
User-

1. Listen to the responses you get back, they will be the seed that allows you to grow that mango tree and squeeze it for all it’s worth.
  2. Regex can be your friend and your foe.
  3. Take breaks, i think I went a little more grey from this box.

Root-

1. When going from one user to another, remember your ■■■■■■■■ basic enum…2 hours… grrr
  2. Making it to root can seriously GTFO, for me nothing to user took all up probably 9 hours and from user to root took 10 minutes if that.

But again, thanks for the fun challenge and introduction to active machines @MrR3boot. I will surely remember this one, and now mangoes aren’t that scary.

@Spknoxy said:
So I just want to thank @MrR3boot for creating a box that was definitely a nice challenge for my first non-retired box. First time juicing the mangoes, and it was well worth the squeeze.

Another thank you to @D3Fix, you have no idea how much your guidance helped along the way.

This is what I have learned:
User-

1. Listen to the responses you get back, they will be the seed that allows you to grow that mango tree and squeeze it for all it’s worth.
  2. Regex can be your friend and your foe.
  3. Take breaks, i think I went a little more grey from this box.

Root-

1. When going from one user to another, remember your ■■■■■■■■ basic enum…2 hours… grrr
  2. Making it to root can seriously GTFO, for me nothing to user took all up probably 9 hours and from user to root took 10 minutes if that.

But again, thanks for the fun challenge and introduction to active machines @MrR3boot. I will surely remember this one, and now mangoes aren’t that scary.

Chuffed with your feedback. Thanks

i could really use a nudge on initial foothold tried looking at the certificate and found a domain name which returns an error, tried brute forcing the pages for different links but no luck either.

Can someone please point me in the right direction

Edit:Found the login page,was able to to get credentials but not sure where i can use those tried 22 and login but no luck can anyone help me