Postman

Got user a few days ago, but it is very frustrating that people reset the box every time they think an exploit for the initial shell is not working, while it can easily be solved by a few simple commands to that could be sent to r***s that will solve the error message people getā€¦

STOP RESETTING WHEN THE SERVICE IS IN READONLY MODE, BUT JUST SEND THE CORRECT COMMANDS THAT FIX IT!!!

Anyways:

root@Postman:~# hostname; id; date
Postman
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
Mon Nov 11 19:19:46 GMT 2019
root@Postman:~# 

Root was way to easyā€¦ the hardest part was fighting the resetsā€¦

Rooted. Thanks @Chantal2019 for the nudge. PM for hints.

Just finalised path to root, very cool box and my first one in HTB !

Thanks @cycl0ps for the tip you gave me :slight_smile:

Rooted.
Thanks @FoX01

Hi guys, Can anyone give me a nudge, Iā€™ve looked through the previous hints regarding r*s but all the scripts Iā€™ve found seem not to be working :frowning: , because of access denied, or because "unknown command 'mdleā€™". cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Guys, Any one willing to nudge me on how to deal with the i*****.b** file? Happy to give reps, etc. :slight_smile:

I have low priv access but having problems with the above (barely mentioned) file. :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @MrCadimas said:

Hi guys, Can anyone give me a nudge, Iā€™ve looked through the previous hints regarding r*s but all the scripts Iā€™ve found seem not to be working :frowning: , because of access denied, or because "unknown command 'mdleā€™". cheers :slight_smile:
Perhaps you shouldnā€™t use existing scripts, but rather do things manually?

Type your comment> @ShredX said:

Hi Guys, Any one willing to nudge me on how to deal with the i*****.b** file? Happy to give reps, etc. :slight_smile:

I have low priv access but having problems with the above (barely mentioned) file. :slight_smile:

Same here. Converted with ssh2john, and canā€™t crack it, send some help plz :smiley:

rooted thanks @FoX01

iā€™m struggled with root, iā€™ve got user two days ago, i think i know the correct way but doesnā€™t works, can any help me? PM THANKS!

@Konstant said:
Type your comment> @ShredX said:

Same here. Converted with ssh2john, and canā€™t crack it, send some help plz :smiley:

You try to use the properly john list? The most common used is rockyou!

Hi guys Can I have more hint Iā€™m r*ds I want to get user

Finally Rooted :smiley: Thanks to @SuperG for Tips
User was hard :stuck_out_tongue: root was pretty straight forword

Rooted!

Thanks @FoX01 !

Anyone able to access ssh with r*****-c**. if yet, kindly Pm me. Thanks

Type your comment> @facelessCoder said:

Anyone able to access ssh with r*****-c**. if yet, kindly Pm me. Thanks

read ssh configuration file :slight_smile: it says something

Apparently Iā€™m going to need a nudge on the initial approach if anyone has a breadcrumb they donā€™t need.

Rooted.
pm if you need a nudge

Easy in the end. But tricky to get the initial low level shell.

POSTMAN Rooted yesterdayā€¦ ROOT AND USER. Happy to help in private message. I will only give hints. Root was a piece of cake. User was the more interesting part. :slight_smile: