Postman

Comments

• Just finalised path to root, very cool box and my first one in HTB !

Thanks @cycl0ps for the tip you gave me :)

• Rooted.
    Thanks @FoX01

Arrexel
    CCNA, CCNA SEC, SEC+

• edited November 2019

Hi guys, Can anyone give me a nudge, I've looked through the previous hints regarding r**s but all the scripts I've found seem not to be working :( , because of access denied, or because "unknown command 'md*le'". cheers :)

• Hi Guys, Any one willing to nudge me on how to deal with the i*****.b** file? Happy to give reps, etc. :)

I have low priv access but having problems with the above (barely mentioned) file. :)

• Type your comment> @MrCadimas said:

Hi guys, Can anyone give me a nudge, I've looked through the previous hints regarding r**s but all the scripts I've found seem not to be working :( , because of access denied, or because "unknown command 'md*le'". cheers :)

Perhaps you shouldn’t use existing scripts, but rather do things manually?

• Type your comment> @ShredX said:

Hi Guys, Any one willing to nudge me on how to deal with the i*****.b** file? Happy to give reps, etc. :)

I have low priv access but having problems with the above (barely mentioned) file. :)

Same here. Converted with ssh2john, and can't crack it, send some help plz :D

• i'm struggled with root, i've got user two days ago, i think i know the correct way but doesn't works, can any help me? PM THANKS!

• @Konstant said:
    Type your comment> @ShredX said:

Hi Guys, Any one willing to nudge me on how to deal with the i*****.b** file? Happy to give reps, etc. :)

Same here. Converted with ssh2john, and can't crack it, send some help plz :D

You try to use the properly john list? The most common used is rockyou!

• Hi guys Can I have more hint I'm r****d***s I want to get user

• Finally Rooted :D Thanks to @SuperG for Tips
    User was hard :P root was pretty straight forword

• Rooted!

Thanks @FoX01 !

• Anyone able to access ssh with r*****-c**. if yet, kindly Pm me. Thanks

• edited November 2019

Type your comment> @facelessCoder said:

Anyone able to access ssh with r*****-c**. if yet, kindly Pm me. Thanks

read ssh configuration file :) it says something

• Apparently I'm going to need a nudge on the initial approach if anyone has a breadcrumb they don't need.

• Rooted.
    pm if you need a nudge

• Easy in the end. But tricky to get the initial low level shell.

GPLO

• POSTMAN Rooted yesterday.. ROOT AND USER. Happy to help in private message. I will only give hints. Root was a piece of cake. User was the more interesting part. :)

• if your the other person on r**** right now and want to work together so we are not just DOSing each other im down. I have already figured out the exploit to get shell but need enough time connected to enumerate.

• Stop using hydra on port 22.. its causing ddos on the system ....

Hack The Box

• And yes i can see your IP....

Hack The Box

• Hey folks!

Anyone able to give a pointer on foothold with r****? I am like 99% of the way there but unsure what parts of my script I need to tweak to get it to work. I am new to HTB, but a avid fan of VulnHub. This is a bit harder but certainly gets the blood flowing more!

Thanks from NZ!

• Type your comment> @yyhh01 said:

And yes i can see your IP....

wanna see my PP ?

• well i got user. but i think its just because one of you dirty hackers left your droppings in /tmp >,<

• Got root! But I skipped user, can someone explain me in pm how to gain user from r***s without going straight to root? Thanks :)

• nice box
    Finally rooted
    I would say thanks to iamnobody and Chantal2019 for nudges

[email protected]:~# date;hostname;whoami
    Wed Nov 13 11:36:58 GMT 2019
    Postman
    root
    [email protected]:~#

• Spoiler Removed

• managed to get root, thanks @MrPennybag and @sqw3Egl for the nudge on foothold!
  • Looking for some help, I can't get john to crack i*_***.b**
    used ***2john.py and rockyou and still nothing.

• edited November 2019

Type your comment> @strix553 said:

Looking for some help, I can't get john to crack i*_***.b**
    used ***2john.py and rockyou and still nothing.

Same :(
    edit: just my curly hands thx @bumika & rooted

Sign In to comment.