Postman

12 hours and finally got root. R—s was pretty new to me and was quite the learning curve.

Tips:

Foothold:
0. READ and RE READ all the messages in this thread, there are a lot of useful nuggets.

1. KISS. Yes to get a foothold you will need to implement a technique which is hinted at throughout this thread… however, if you find yourself not being able to use s----m-e–c (or anything similar), as well has M----E L–D; you may not be a strong follower of K.I.S.S

Pwn User:
0. Ditto Foothold, regarding keeping it simple.

1. Pentesting follows a set of steps. As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, a detailed search of what you have available can save a lot time. Note: this is just good general advise, and is intended as such, the fact it may or may not apply here, just shows how good this general advise really is. Again K.I.S.S.

Pop the box (owning root)
0. Ditto and Ditto

1. By this point the path forward should seem clear, again take stock of assets and make sure you do not forget about the other elephant in the room.

Any box that gives me the chance to learn things I did not know prior to starting is a good box. Thank you to the creator for putting this fun little project together.