Deadly Arthropod (forensics) - invalid flag?

Hello!

I found a flag, surrounded by HTB{ and } , including a readable message including punctuation. Am I missing something? It doesn’t validate.

Same here, getting the HTB{s0m3_t3xt} format but the platform won’t accept the flag. In my mind the only question is about capital letters but I have tried all the variations without any luck. Some hints on the correct format or where to pay attention would be highly appreciated.

@wolfpwn and @soepstengel97 - private message me and I will point you in the right direction.

hi guys, anyone give any pointer on this ?

@netkernel I don’t want to post spoilers in the thread, private message me and I’ll help you out :slight_smile:

I got the flag too but false positive. Any nudges ?

WASD… what an invention… right?

I am stuck at different issue, but found people saying in another thread that copy-paste does not seems to work but manually typing does

Hope this helps.

Ok got it working, had a logic bug in my script.

Happy to help if anyone need.

I have found the wrong flag and have an idea about wrong in script, any nudges in the right direction ? can anyone PM ?

Same Issue… What The ■■■■?

i found two pieces of information (clear text) but the platform won’t accept the flag (s) manual or not , so what’s next ? …

@HappyFrog I’ll DM you - and anyone else needing help reading this thread, you can DM me for hints.

After I read several USB CTF I found a flag with wrong validation. Stucked on it.

@n3m0 said:
WASD… what an invention… right?

Amen. I prefer controllers&joysticks personally. Keyboards remind me I’m at a computer, joypads help me to forget that fact.

Stucked on it. I found a clear flag HTB{xxxxx} with a “hacking text” but no validation on challenge… Help needed.

Beware, this challenge is quite tricky. If you have a (quite common) bug in your solution, then you will get something that looks like a valid flag, but is actually a little bit off from the correct flag.

Double and triple-check your solution for logic bugs, and you’ll discover the right flag.

@mprox said:
Beware, this challenge is quite tricky. If you have a (quite common) bug in your solution, then you will get something that looks like a valid flag, but is actually a little bit off from the correct flag.

Double and triple-check your solution for logic bugs, and you’ll discover the right flag.

So weird… flag tells me a right message with some sense

Yes, it stumped me for a long time too. I’m almost sure I can guess what value of almost-the-flag you have.

As I said, it’s very close to the correct flag, but a few characters off. Think about what the input data represents, and how the state of the process would affect the output.

If that’s too vague, PM me.

I am having some difficulty. I got an email and password but no flag. There are 2 “numbers” I cant make sense of. Could someone PM me for help?