Networked

[wrong]

working on how to use c…_a…php and its crontab.
I have understood (maybe i am in wrong) that I should do something in the u…s directory…and suggestion?

I need help with user. can somone pm me and help

edit [Rooted]

So I have run a local server where I used the backup files and linked them together, my exploit seems to be working here, but somehow I cant do this on the machine. anyone willing to help?

EDIT:

I Got a shell on the server! Now trying to get a shell into user.

A little late to the party but I just finished this. I gotta say this was actually one of the more realistic, less CTF-y ones so far! Thanks @guly !

for the initial foothold: Pay close attention to the types of whatever you upload. This took me a while to remember, but this is a straight-up realistic developer error you will come across as a pentester

User: enumerate (but not toooo much), and then read carefully! Also wait.

Root: enumerate (but not toooo much). It’s easy to find it, hard to understand it (for me) - I am still trying to dig through the manual to find why this works

I did not use any enumeration scripts, exploits or bruteforcing/guessing, not necessary!

anyone help me how to get root access i just got user access g***

Got User Flag. Any Hints For Root?

got user and file c*********.*h, someone can pm me for a little hint? i now that i can e**c something

That was a nice machine, thank’s to @guly .

PM me for hints if you want :slight_smile: (user / root)

Finally got root on this one!
User was pretty easy… root not so much :stuck_out_tongue:

Fun box!

I’m stuck on the initial foothold. I can get an incoming connection, but a shell isn’t spawning. Any help?

I have a question,

I got to user.txt and I saved it on my pc, now if I go to sleep and I want to come back the next day to complete working on trying to get to root, why do I have to repeat all the process of having the shell until getting the user password? why can’t I connect directly with the password I already had ?

I tried ssh username@mchineip
(yes/no?)
yes
password: password of user
it outputs to me: authentication failed

is there any way to do it?

[Rooted]
Cheers! @guly never known the vulnerability for root priv until i played this box. Learned something new :smiley:

Got Root::root part was fast and fun, you just need to read the included i*\*\*g-g\*\*y netfile
this box is all about viewing and reading source codes.

Hi guys, I’m struggling with this machine, no idea how to get user (trying to dirbust the machine IP on port 80). Any hint by PM, please?

Type your comment> @markontherocks said:

Hi guys, I’m struggling with this machine, no idea how to get user (trying to dirbust the machine IP on port 80). Any hint by PM, please?

You can PM me if you still want help

hint: for root, use ( sudo file *) then play with input

Hey guys, ive dirbusted the 80th port and dont really know what im looking for.

send me little hints please!

Can anyone DM some tips on what exactly to do with c**_a**.***? i know what the script is doing, but I am at a loss on how to manipulate it to work to my advantage. Help would be appreciated!

Got root! Thanks for the help!

Feel free to DM me if you need any hints!