Player

Can anyone give me a nudge on a jail escaping?

Edit: got it.
This box is totally crazy :slight_smile:

@Shtrikh17 said:
Cool machine so far. Long, very long way to user. But like many others deadly stuck at restricted environmentā€¦ If someoneā€™s got time, please, PM me, I need a little push to the solution.

Update: Rooted. Thanks @v01t4ic for help and @MrR3boot for an amazing box! Really worth spending time on.

@v01t4ic said:
Finally rooted! Thanks this interesting box @MrR3boot!

Hints.
User: come back to the bug
Root: watch what is going on

Glad you guys enjoyed the Game.

Hey can anyone give me a nudge on how to find the ā€˜bakā€™ file? Iā€™ve found all the vhosts but for the life of me I am getting nowhere in finding this file.

Spoiler Removed

Rooted!

This was my first really HARD box, and I enjoyed every minute of it even it came with frustration and banging my head against the wall.

This is a great box for testing your accumulated knowledge from the easier boxes, I highly recommend it.

If you need any help PM me and I will try to guide you without spoiling the fun of it.

Thank you for you work @MrR3boot .

@trollzorftw said:
Rooted!

This was my first really HARD box, and I enjoyed every minute of it even it came with frustration and banging my head against the wall.

This is a great box for testing your accumulated knowledge from the easier boxes, I highly recommend it.

If you need any help PM me and I will try to guide you without spoiling the fun of it.

Thank you for you work @MrR3boot .

Most welcome mate :slight_smile:

# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Finally got it!
The best machine i ever completed hands down.

If anyone needs any help on this, call me on my Discord (Celesian#0558)

So I think I know the exploit to use but it requires credsā€¦ can someone chuck any hints to where these might be or let me know if I am on the wrong track?

Spoiler Removed

Rooted! Very cool and hard box. All about enumeration.

Spoiler Removed

Found some cred but canā€™t seem to get them to work. Wonder what Iā€™m missing.

Edit: Got in, got some file read and got user.txt. Now to break out of jail.

E2: Got to the edge of root, improperly rewrote a critical file. Time for a reset -_-

E3: Finally rooted!

Finally made it to root! My first hard box, it was very fun. It took me ages but learnt a lot. Thanks @MrR3boot and thanks to all that helped me.
Feel free to PM if you need help!

Nice box so far. I like the video thing. I am able to login, but still stuck in jail after 24 hours. Found a way to make some changes on a page, but I donā€™t know if that is the way. Tried to inject something, but that did not work the first time. Hope they still keep this machine up and I have some time left to finish this machine.

WOW what a ride ā€¦ thank you

Hey i am stuck, found and enumerated all vhosts. Searched for the b*k file everywhere but cant find it. Pls pm me a hint on how to continue.

Edit: Got it thx @ rulzg

Type your comment> @Gr33d said:

Hey i am stuck, found and enumerated all vhosts. Searched for the b*k file everywhere but cant find it. Pls pm me a hint on how to continue.

How are you searching for the bk file? Think in the extension or the suffix that a possible b***p file, theoretically, could have

This is a great machine, thank you, @MrR3boot.

There were two really difficult points during my travel.

1. The ā€œbackupā€ station where I tried to find one type of Linux ā€œbackupā€ file and I realized there are other types only two evenings later.

2. The ā€œjailā€ station where I concentrated on the jail so much that I forgot to examine other opportunities long.

It was a long journey, and I agree that making notes is an important step for gaining final access.

Iā€™m sure that I found an intended way to root access, but applied a ā€œrudeā€ technique to get root SSH connection, so that I reset the machine.

Thanks @MrR3boot for setting up Player, that was indeed a difficult one, my second hard box, took me quite some time and effort. I really liked the avi-part. Thanks @0x6f63746f and @Skybreaker for keeping me on track, in between I got lost at places which were probably not meant as but worked on me like rabbit holes.

Stuck in restricted environment can someone pm me a nudge pls?:slight_smile: