Postman

ive got the exploit, is there a way to enumerate a user? or do i have to use it to write something else

Rooted, liked the box good times. Just one question I would have never gotten drop location for initial foothold exploit if it was not for the hints here. If someone could clue me into the process or thinking on how that drop location was discovered I would greatly appreciate it.

The user part got very annoying for me because i was doing everything manually.
HINT: there’s a script which you can use that will do stuff automatically for you

I loved the root part as well!

Funish box. Learned a fair bit. The main way everyone was using to get a foothold had me stumped for ages as my install went wrong or something happened that meant me doing the same as everyone else seemed to at a certain point wasnt working. Took me 3-4 hours to fix that and then user was fairly simple.

Speaking to others there is more than one way to do user and even though the way I did it in theory is very simple there is an even easier way out there.

Root was very easy, probably too easy, wondering if others did it a different way, id be keen to know.

is port 10*** rabbit hole ?

Type your comment> @s0lhz said:

is port 10*** rabbit hole ?

You will need it later.

Could someone give me a hint for the foothold? I understand what I can do with r****s but I can’t find the correct path to do it
Thanks

Edit: I found out by watching what others were doing… :confused:

I think it was an overall nice box and learned one or two things. The user was definitely harder than the root. Feel free to PM if you need a hint.

Finnaly Rooted my first box!!

Rooted, I did stuck a little in connection closed

PM for hints

Can someone PM me for the part to find r*** service
I am root already but forgot how i found it.
And i want to add it to my cherrytree

Edit: found it with the Blue thing.

Trying my way through the r*** s service but I’m not sure what I have to change on my script. Can someone PM? The one odd thing I found when trying things manually was that a certain command (M**** E) was not supported, although it’s used in the script (possibly the most important step…) and supposedly introduced in this version of r*** s…

Doublepost, sorry

Someone is stressing this machine, the response time is awful right now :frowning:

Does the exploit have something to do with s**?

i use script in github to get buffer overflow in r***s but i can’t use system.exec
anyone can help my problem?

Type your comment> @Simmens said:

Yes

Type your comment> @halisha said:

Type your comment> @Simmens said:

Yes

Type your comment> @zikuto said:

i use script in github to get buffer overflow in r***s but i can’t use system.exec
anyone can help my problem?

I had the same problem, system.exec not found :confused:

Finally rooted the box. I’m sure I found the initial foothold just by luck as I’ve never seen S** configured this way.

Feel free to pm