Postman

rooted, used reset once because I couldn’t establish ssh connection for user even with right parameters. After that it wasn’t hard, a little bit of googling and root is yours

I did a quick favor for the last step for those who doesn’t want to fire up a massive framework. It’s on github.

Rooted !

Thanks @TheCyberGeek!

@clubby789 said:
Low privelige shell got, let’s see what’s next…

how do u get the shell?

Can someone nudge me in the direction of user?
I’ve got the initial shell as re***. Found the hidden object and cracked it.
When I try to ssh as the user M*** the connection drops instantly.
THen i tried to log into the w***** and it worked, hurray, from here I see that there is a hidden c***** that i can write into, but nothing seems to work.
im at a loss here, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Sekisback, I should look at what I have and not go so deep lol

Type your comment

nice one thx @TheCyberGeek

Rooted. Easy box. Ty @TheCyberGeek . Wasted most time because initial shell kept dropping.
I went straight from initial foothold to root. Can anyone pm me for the alternative approach? What am I supposed to look for in the UI?

Yesterday I managed to get a foothold by modifying exploit code as necessary. However, today when using exactly the same code I get ***signing failed: agent refused operation. Any ideas why this could be? BTW, I’ve already reset the machine and tried again but I cannot get it to work. Thanks

Forget it… I’m an idiot… :slight_smile: I got it working again

rooted :slight_smile:
pm if you need help

thanks people from HTB for all the hints!

ive got the exploit, is there a way to enumerate a user? or do i have to use it to write something else

Rooted, liked the box good times. Just one question I would have never gotten drop location for initial foothold exploit if it was not for the hints here. If someone could clue me into the process or thinking on how that drop location was discovered I would greatly appreciate it.

The user part got very annoying for me because i was doing everything manually.
HINT: there’s a script which you can use that will do stuff automatically for you

I loved the root part as well!

Funish box. Learned a fair bit. The main way everyone was using to get a foothold had me stumped for ages as my install went wrong or something happened that meant me doing the same as everyone else seemed to at a certain point wasnt working. Took me 3-4 hours to fix that and then user was fairly simple.

Speaking to others there is more than one way to do user and even though the way I did it in theory is very simple there is an even easier way out there.

Root was very easy, probably too easy, wondering if others did it a different way, id be keen to know.

is port 10*** rabbit hole ?

Type your comment> @s0lhz said:

is port 10*** rabbit hole ?

You will need it later.

Could someone give me a hint for the foothold? I understand what I can do with r****s but I can’t find the correct path to do it
Thanks

Edit: I found out by watching what others were doing… :confused:

I think it was an overall nice box and learned one or two things. The user was definitely harder than the root. Feel free to PM if you need a hint.

Finnaly Rooted my first box!!