Postman

Rooted. There are enough hints to get through everything here, but feel free to PM me if needed.

Rooted! Went straight from initial foothold → root. Wouldn’t mind someone talking me through the way they accessed user though. PM for hints!

Yesterday I have rooted the machine after struggling quite a lot on initial foothold. Thanks @tnorris for grabbing me out of a deep rabbit hole :).

The machine is easy, but it’s prone to errors. There is one service which is totally unused (at least for me), which someone might overthink and get lost into. Also the way to get foothold is a bit confusing as well (why s** configuration should be like that?) and mostly is very prone to pollution between users. You don’t need to change almost anything to exploit r*, but before you get to know that, it is very likely you will try.

Anyway, as all the machines where you struggle, I learned and was prompted to dig more into r*, so it was a learning experience. Thanks @TheCyberGeek !

Rooted!

User: Not the most complicated but you can get confused at some point.
Pm me if you need hints

Root: Really easy

Sometimes I try to do things and it just doesn’t work out the way I wanted to. And I get real frustrated.

Rooted!

Thanks @TheCyberGeek for the interesting box. I’m still rather new to this so there was plenty for me to learn and it reminded me of how its important to enumerate enumerate enumerate before digging deep down the wrong hole.

Initial shell keeps dropping on public server. so annoying. Is anyone else facing the same problem?

rooted, used reset once because I couldn’t establish ssh connection for user even with right parameters. After that it wasn’t hard, a little bit of googling and root is yours

I did a quick favor for the last step for those who doesn’t want to fire up a massive framework. It’s on github.

Rooted !

Thanks @TheCyberGeek!

@clubby789 said:
Low privelige shell got, let’s see what’s next…

how do u get the shell?

Can someone nudge me in the direction of user?
I’ve got the initial shell as re***. Found the hidden object and cracked it.
When I try to ssh as the user M*** the connection drops instantly.
THen i tried to log into the w***** and it worked, hurray, from here I see that there is a hidden c***** that i can write into, but nothing seems to work.
im at a loss here, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Sekisback, I should look at what I have and not go so deep lol

Type your comment

nice one thx @TheCyberGeek

Rooted. Easy box. Ty @TheCyberGeek . Wasted most time because initial shell kept dropping.
I went straight from initial foothold to root. Can anyone pm me for the alternative approach? What am I supposed to look for in the UI?

Yesterday I managed to get a foothold by modifying exploit code as necessary. However, today when using exactly the same code I get ***signing failed: agent refused operation. Any ideas why this could be? BTW, I’ve already reset the machine and tried again but I cannot get it to work. Thanks

Forget it… I’m an idiot… :slight_smile: I got it working again

rooted :slight_smile:
pm if you need help

thanks people from HTB for all the hints!

ive got the exploit, is there a way to enumerate a user? or do i have to use it to write something else

Rooted, liked the box good times. Just one question I would have never gotten drop location for initial foothold exploit if it was not for the hints here. If someone could clue me into the process or thinking on how that drop location was discovered I would greatly appreciate it.