Networked

This root is the most stupid root I have ever encountered.lol

Got user thanks to all the helpful hints from @D3Fix

Now onto root :slight_smile:

Edit: got root finally. Right as I was about to go to bed :slight_smile:

Feel free to PM with questions for nudges/help and i’ll do my best to help you along.

Type your comment> @blooch4 said:

Got user thanks to all the helpful hints from @D3Fix

Now onto root :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

Isn’t user apache?

Rooted!
Getting the initial foothold is fun. There are a bunch of hints here for user. The link to an article posted earlier is the clearest explanation of what you are trying to do.

When I first got user, there was a power outage just as I was going to grab the flag… Great timing!

The advice in this thread to keep things simple for root are spot on. I wasted time over complicating things. Basic enumeration. Basic linux commands.

hey, im stuck as a***** shell, i cant figure out where to touch as everything seems to be denied ive read c****_a*****.*** and think i know which i need to touch but it just says perms denied? any help would be appreciated

EDIT : nvm i got user

If anyone is good at PHP, I’d very much appreciate a PM. I don’t want to put too many details here, but two parts of a certain script are troublesome and I can’t find what they do anywhere online.

I got root, but dont quite understand why it works the way it does… if anyone that understands it could PM me and bestow that knowledge upon me, I’d really appreciate it!

Type your comment> @Ursa said:

If anyone is good at PHP, I’d very much appreciate a PM. I don’t want to put too many details here, but two parts of a certain script are troublesome and I can’t find what they do anywhere online.

You can PM me if you still need help

My first box! Learned a lot from this one. Thanks!

Hello guys,
Please could you help me ? I tried upload .php file but without success pleas could you someone provide right way for me ? :slight_smile:

if anyone needs help with the c***_a***.php code and/or how can do the privesc to user send me a dm

Edit: Rooted.

Rooted ^^, it was my first machine and i was so funny.
User shell: basic steps to get it
root user: enumeration and google

I have got to a point where I query via url and see files but dont know what to do from here…any nudge please

Rooted! Nice box @guly! Root was easier than user, but overall this one is probably one of my favorite boxes so far in how you privesc to user!

Type your comment> @D3Fix said:

Type your comment> @Ursa said:

You can PM me if you still need help

me too please help me

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @D3Fix said:

Finally got root after 3 hours of overthinking.

User tip:

• GIF89a
  • touch

Root tip:

• see what u can run as root with user g***
  • research about network-scripts
  • use basic linux commands

If you need help, PM me. (please be as clear as possible, when message me. Like, what have you done, where are you stuck, etc.)

I had been guly ,can you help me get the root?

Got user.txt . But cannot open. Any nudges will be great