Postman

I’have some errors on remote “r***” (for first shell) but not in my local instance is a normal behavior ? .

Rooted. The user was way harder than root.
I got the root in 5 minutes after root ( research included )
If you need some hints feel free to PM me.

Special thanks to @PinkDraconian who helped me in the process :smiley:

need hint for root pls dm me

Type your comment> @ethicalkiller said:

need hint for root pls dm me

Use information from your initial recon, you’ll know where to go next.

I’ve got r**s user. I don’t know how to use the i_**a.bak file to proceed. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks @TheCyberGeek. Was indeed an easy one. Did go directly to root, with information found in shell via r*.

User: Go through r* to get the key and use the pass.
Root: CVE

can i get the user the same way i got on the box?

EDIT: I should just read the post above…

Relatively easy, but made me realize that i still dont have a routine and i fall for rabbitholes. I still think it was entertaining and actually rating is spot on.

@Quacktop Thanks for your kind words though! Could you PM me though I would be interested to know the route you took :slight_smile:

@blaudoom I’m glad you enjoyed it! Sometimes we can all get mislead in some way. What’s important is you figured out how to get past it! Thanks for your kind feedback!

Was a very fun box

hints for initial:

• do your basic enum and google for the non standard ports and get articles
  • follow the article to find out what works. then update your exploit and run

hint for user:

• think about where juicy data can be and search for it

hint for root:

• go back to start and try other things
  • like @Quacktop said CVE

like always if it spoilers too much please delete

If help is needed PM me

Rooted. Wow I feel dumb, the privesc from foothold to user was glaringly easy but my brain just died. Overall fun box but I feel the root was a bit too easy.

Really fun box :slight_smile: I have a tendency to overthink “easy” boxes which got me stuck a couple of times.

Got user access @M**t

Just rooted this box. Thoroughly enjoyed it, found user to be harder than root though…rooted within 5/10 minutes of getting user… Thanks @TheCyberGeek

very good box! I like it

Got root!

• Initial foothold was for me the most educational part of the box.
  • User was pretty easy (enumeration is key…)
  • Root was the easiest part (did not learn something new here)

id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Loved it… Was good for New people hope there are more like this.

I did learn some good stuff even with root… Was a small lesson but one was learned… Look at everything…

PM for hints…

Finally owned it! User was much more difficult than root - I certainly over-complicated, over-thought every step and went down every rabbit hole! Note to self: Keep it simple stupid :slight_smile:
Thanks to @beorn and @MrW0l05zyn for the nudge with foothold.
PM me for nudges…

Got around to this yesterday and rooted it. Looked past the first bit for user out of eagerness. Taught me to enumerate harder again.

Hints on here are already enough, as previously stated.

Good luck everyone!