Postman

Found W***** but cant seem to find the r***** that some have mentioned. A hint would be welcome.

Type your comment> @ZeWanderer said:

Found W***** but cant seem to find the r***** that some have mentioned. A hint would be welcome.

Scan again, and scan ALL

@trollzorftw said:

@ZeWanderer said:

Scan again, and scan ALL
I thought of doing that, however it seems like because of the amount of people doing that, seems to be essentially DDoSing the machines, should we just keep cancelling the resets in shoutbox?

Type your comment> @trollzorftw said:

Scan again, and scan ALL

Found it, thanks!!

im completely stuck. Both the exploits i thought to work dont work either cause i cant config it right, or i just dont understand it…

I found rs and w*n but dont have any sort of clue how to use em

Same - got low privs shell - kinda lost on whats next - still enumerating…

Type your comment> @j3wker said:

How did you get low priv shell? My R***** and W***** exploits keep failing

Rooted. A tad CTF-like, but pretty fun.

Foothold: Scan everything. The next step is well documented.
User: Enumeration scripts should find it, you won’t have to go too deep.
Root: You might have seen a method you couldn’t have used earlier, you can now.

Ok so slight update:
One exploit i tried apparently worked, but…theres no session that was created :confused:

Type your comment> @ZeWanderer said:

Type your comment> @j3wker said:

How did you get low priv shell? My R***** and W***** exploits keep failing

I’d like to know as well…nothing I normally do with r***s in the wild is working for me.

Type your comment> @MonocleHat said:

Ok so slight update:
One exploit i tried apparently worked, but…theres no session that was created :confused:

haha me too, i got a little excited when i saw the exploit going green, then showing a “no session created” kinda bummed me out xD

We shall try harder :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @Crashie said:

Ok so slight update:

haha me too, i got a little excited when i saw the exploit going green, then showing a “no session created” kinda bummed me out xD

I need another box to rank up ;-;

Type your comment> @Crashie said:

Ok so slight update:

I need another box to rank up ;-;

■■■ me too (i think), but try harder :')

Stats: 0:46:53 elapsed; 0 hosts completed (1 up), 1 undergoing SYN Stealth Scan
SYN Stealth Scan Timing: About 3.45% done; ETC: 16:03 (21:52:21 remaining)

It’s just insane. a little nudge that will help to narrow down port list will be greatly appreciated

Ok! Owned it. Must say that I learned something new too.
Bit of a strange feeling compared to being stuck on forest for days (and counting).
Easy machine? Can’t say, but more in line with my current skills.
DM for nudges if you are stuck, because there’s good karma in that and I will need it in the future here.
(Even though it is a bit early to say that you are really stuck already now. :wink: )

@olsv said:

Stats: 0:46:53 elapsed; 0 hosts completed (1 up), 1 undergoing SYN Stealth Scan
SYN Stealth Scan Timing: About 3.45% done; ETC: 16:03 (21:52:21 remaining)

It’s just insane. a little nudge that will help to narrow down port list will be greatly appreciated

All the ports on the box are withing the range 1-10000, if that helps. You could try using masscan as well

There is a very good book called: Kali Linux - An Ethical Hacker’s Cookbook is Great, good luck guys

Nice machine !
For USER: Read the basic cheat sheets on the service you want to exploit, then fix your script. Then move “lateral” to the other user.
ROOT: As said, you know are able to use an exploit that you couldn’t use before.

Rooted after fighting with unresponsive login page for about 1 hour.

Tip: Never bruteforce login pages ! That’s almost never the answer, and on top of that, you are ruining the box for other people.

If you need tips you can PM me with your progress

here cause i’m waiting ports to work grrrrrr