Haystack

I used dirbuster on the ip and found the /b*** directory but now what? Can someone please help me :((

Spoiler Removed

Hey guys, stuck on get the k***** user.
Tried everyrthing, would love someone help on PM.

Type your comment> @toumie2 said:

I used dirbuster on the ip and found the /b*** directory but now what? Can someone please help me :((

You don’t need special tools for this. Try to understand what app answer you on high port. Then just RTFM and this thread again.

Type your comment> @petruknisme said:

Type your comment> @Sav said:

Type your comment> @vmonem said:

I am able to read qu*s and bk from port 9200 but can’t figure username, or the needle. (I also got data from port 80, and translated it).

Any Hints on PM will be appreciated.

I m on the same boat, did you get any further??

You will notice the strange things in there. Just focus and becarefull when reading that.

This box was my first ever real attempt. Thanks to all for the hints in here.

Successfully owned root!

this is my first HTB! A bit more challenging than I expected.

Can i get a nudge/PM for root? I currently have a shell as K*** and i see a certain L***H input file/dir that looks promising but not sure what to do with it.

TIA, have a great day!

Type your comment> @initinfosec said:

Can i get a nudge/PM for root? I currently have a shell as K*** and i see a certain L***H input file/dir that looks promising but not sure what to do with it.

TIA, have a great day!

Ponder what L…H is. What is is used for? What would you expect such a thing to do? Where would you expect configuration for it? Read that. Find out what it means that you see in there. Google the things that are configured and find out what they do.

It becomes quite clear quite quickly that way.

I’ve got an initial user foothold but having trouble changing user from there using found CVE, wondering if I’m even going the right direction. Any pointers via PM would be most welcome.

Edit: …and rooted. Feel free to PM me for a hint!

This was a fun box. Definitely a layered approach to gaining root! Nothing to add other than what’s already been said in the line of hints.

Finally got root. For me the number of browser tabs to close when done is a decent measure of difficulty. 14 tabs at the end of this one. Not bad! :wink:

Hints are good - lots of discussion. I will say the syntax for the final challenge bugged me - I guess there are some things I don’t care to learn - but renaming the file after modifying and waiting was key. Seemed like the shell came out of nowhere while I was trying other things. Reflecting on the steps - I can see how the spanish adds some confusion/misdirection I could’ve done without. It was a worthwhile challenge but I’m happy to put this one behind me.

PM for nudges.

First ever box i got rooted here (out of the school lab) I can say it is a mind ■■■■ in the beginning. That’s why I will try to give a hint without spoiling anything.

User: I would really take a look at that pic. I mean the name of the box suggests that this picture is not there by accident. So take a look at it. BTW jpgs can be opened with other programs so give it a try. After that enumerate to find some creds that will be really helpful. Also the language in this box is of big importance. PMs are welcome.

I don’t even see the code. You get used to it. All I see is blond, brunette and red-head…

Type your comment> @BT1483 said:

Type your comment> @initinfosec said:

TIA, have a great day!

Ponder what L…H is. What is is used for? What would you expect such a thing to do? Where would you expect configuration for it? Read that. Find out what it means that you see in there. Google the things that are configured and find out what they do.

It becomes quite clear quite quickly that way.

rooted, thank you!

Def could use a nudge if any one is willing. DM and I can give an outline of what I have done / where I am at.

I figure it out what model and port is using what’s next? Can help me?

OK, I am really struggling at the last hurdle here.

I have a ka shell. I am in o**/ka. I am creating a file lh_ with a reverse shell. I thought that this would be parsed by GA:c**o and would be executed.

Where am I going wrong? Help

EDIT: Decided to try just one more thing. Got root at last. Happy.

Really, if that was a easy box, I am Elvis Presley… I had to read a lot until find the way to root, the user was tricky during WEEKS… I can not imagin how will be a hard machine… bufff

Well, it didn’t really contain any rabbit holes, the exploits did return information that allowed you to see whether they work (mostly… ok, one didn’t always), it was usually one step only to gain the elevated privileges…

Yes, it’s an easy box. It’s at the very least more an easy box than Safe is.

I’m in the same situation now and have no idea what to do with them?
There are 3 files, but how to apply the information that is in them?
Where, what to write, what to run, what to edit?