[OSINT] Breach

update… looks like I had the right info… I was just trying to dig too deep where there was nothing. if you have the right detials you should be able to guess it in a few tries.

Flagged! Would love a senior dev’s responsibilities for junior’s pay!

Great challenge, got stuck at some point but from there, it got a lot easier.
I don’t think bruteforcing would work anyways, just focus on the files you have and try to find information.

Is the password somehow in the txt file or in some tweet? I know who I’m looking for but I can’t find anything helpful. I already worked with that txt file but it seems useless until now.

the actually PW is not, but the pattern is… hope that is not too much info

@anguzmar said:

I did some “small” bruteforcing as well for the last step, couldn’t be bothered to look up the correct information because I am fed up with that twitter page.

Ha, not sure which of the twitter pages your talking about but i feel like at this point i know them all forwards and backwards…

good challenge.
A warning to anyone using Open office: Try a different program.
I use Open office 4.1.1 and it doesn’t know what to do with the .docx file, it sent me down a deep rabbit hole before I try something else.

Nevermind, got it

very simple , just a little bit info from Twitter

OSINT challenges are so fun. Thank you @Arrexel
Will you do more?

I’m having trouble figuring out how to use what is inside key.docx

I already got where to go in twitter, but I am having trouble finding the hint/pass… Can anyone provide me some kind of hint?

Type your comment> @xnakra said:

I’m having trouble figuring out how to use what is inside key.docx

Try to use something like CyberChef

I’ve mutated relevant passwords with the pattern and nothing. Does office2john work here?

i find the password with some searching twitter leaked and etc but cant open key.docx why?is it need to bruteforce similar password?i use openoffice!

are the bad data lines in the p****** file important? or just noise?

Is the password even in the breached file?

Hey everyone, thank you for playing Breach!

I really appreciated reading all your positive comments and I’m glad you enjoyed the challenge!

I’m starting this challenge now, but i’m having problems with the password for the orginal zip file. The one in the site is not working. Checksum is ok.
Is this the password i need to find first? Or is for another file inside the zip?

Type your comment