Wall

Spoiler Removed

Finally Rooted. Here’re my hints:

Initial hole:

1. Enumeration is the very beginning step before doing anything.
  2. Try to use some different wordlist and you’ll find the door(1).
  3. The door(1) (Hint: What a teacher do in an exam) seems to be closed. Try to use some other METHOD to enter and find the door(2).
  4. Google is your best friend. It can give you the CVE. However you cannot use the script directly to break the door(2), you need to modify it to find the keys.
  5. Inside the wall, you need to modify the script to bypass some censorships. Try harder, and then, you enter the room.

User/ROOT:

1. Basic enumeration will show you something odd. Google it.
  2. Root dance.

Honestly, PE in the WALL was rather annoying, because I thought it should have been something tricky. However, it’s stupidly simple and easy. All you need is just to enumerate some basic information and google it. The first result is the key?‍♂️

For the newbies like me who don’t know how to find the c******* page and who don’t understand the “verb” hint.

Look for “web enumeration with c****” on google. You’ll find a wait to try to login to the m********* page with the c*** command. The answer is in the message you get back.

at least that’s how i found the page.

I got C****** and the password, but nothing seems to work. I’ve tried so many different shell combinations, and I can get over the Apache restrictions fairly easily, but nothing works. I give up. time to wait for the write up.

Finally rooted! @bumika thanks a lot for your last comment. I was going around in circles and your post helped me focus my search. Once you know where to look the path to root is quite simple. The first part, not so much. My advice would be to keep it simple. I lost a lot of time over complicating things.
This was fun and I learned a ton. Big thanks to the box creator!

Went directly from w****** to root. Will try the way from w****** → user → root soon.

PM for advices and little nudges :wink:

Hi

I’ve been trying to spawn reverse shell using the well known exploit. Seems the exploit is working properly and I’m getting the token & login is successful, but I’m unable to listen it. Is there something missing in the exploit which needs to be added? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Greetings to all ,

I’ve found m*****.php , p**** .php, a***.php , while m****.php asking for credential it seems like it has .htaccess and so far no luck . any hint would be appriciated.

Regards

Rooted! took me a while but it’s basic.
Hint: forget the CVE there are easier ways to root the machine understand the program and it will make things a whole lot easier especialy with the first shell.
Root you will know when you see it use enum scripts thorougly Thanks @XMA

Hello. Im found c*******. Use patator for brute with rockyou.txt this and have a lot of 403 and 200 responces (450 000+, patator working). CVE script on upload payload have responce “bad session”. On c******** i use documentation default user and password, but it’s not working. Where am i wrong? Plese help, my first machine.

It is worth checking why the response code changes…

Recommendations

already when they have found the necessary credentials the well-known exploit has to be modified to work correctly
Root / User, they should think like haircut should
@XMA thanks your comment helped me a lot

Is there any bugs with machine. I’m doing exactly the same way I did yesterday to get a shell, but wget doesn’t reach my localhost by any means for 2 hours

Edit: sometimes it can take you 2.5 hours to get a shell even if you do everything correctly

Guys, I have used a dirbuster to find folder /mo*********** with 401 status code so I nedd to auth to it, what app should I use it to bruteforce this dir?

Did anyone find a way to pivot to s***** user ?

I found the shortcut to root directly but I am curious if there is a way to pivot from w**-**** to user flag first.

Any tips appreciated.

Rooted with simple ui and non CVE exploit :slight_smile:

Finally rooted! Getting user was difficult for me, but I learned a ton about field separators and different ways to write payloads.

Well I would love to learn how to crack this box , I appericiate you help via PM. I’ve tried hydra with rockyou.txt for http digest auth cracking it’s taking f***** long still going on. Hope some one give a better hint to move on.

Regards

I was able to find the 2 php files and the basic auth path. I was only able to find the last API directory trough the tips in the Forum but don’t get why no Scanner, wordlist even brutforce was able to find the c******n path. A quick explaiantion via PM would be nice :slight_smile:

Great box, my tips for user:

• Focus on askar’s original posts (beginning of thread) about VERBS and think about how they relate to different protocols
  • If you’re at another step, think about how to DEBUG non-working scripts
  • Read k1llswitch’s post above and also consider different delivery methods

The tips for user direct to root are basically spot on: It’s “basic Linux enumeration” as people kept calling it. I’m new to this so it was really tough for me (it took me several hours, no lie) but, once I found it, I was in two seconds later

I didn’t figure how to escalate from www-data to reading user.txt without root but that seems common to others’ experiences. I think I’ve identified one way to go from (what I presume is the next step) → root but I’m not sure how to get there

Thank’s @askar !