Registry

Anyone else having constant term lock-up when ssh’d in a user?

@ow1joker
Same here and I’m on VIP server.
Also my other shell is acting up the same.
Not sure why. Trying to figure out.

Which user? I have no problems on free eu-1

The b one and the w one.

User was fun! Really like the box so far, thanks @thek
that’s an interesting way to learn the app used on this box

user tips: (almost) everything can be done manually. no special tools or techniques needed. find out what app is installed on the box and start reading the docs. you want to fetch the thing. after that spin it and look what you’ve got inside. all you need is the key and to check every file in ~

root: find the app and login, check out the file at the app’s dir, you want to have access to that user who runs the command, serve…

Great box, really liked it =)

Very fun box @thek !
Thanks @lukice for the priv esc nudge.

adding to the great hints already found here.

• User: think about the title and containers. Did you check what was that garbage data you enumerated? Read the docks!
  • Root: you’re probably right to be thinking about that file you found, who can run it? what does it run? read the docs, check the rest :wink: remember you can serve if you build.

Feel free to reach me for a nudge if you feel stuck.

I agree, this is annoying. I know exactly what to do for root, but I can’t seem to make a connection even for reverse shell (have browser based shell…) could somebody give me a hint? Probably some strange firewall rules…

Type your comment> @idomino said:

I agree, this is annoying. I know exactly what to do for root, but I can’t seem to make a connection even for reverse shell (have browser based shell…) could somebody give me a hint? Probably some strange firewall rules…

Same!! stuck for two days now i know everything i have to do and have everything but still nothing i gave up on rshell for root just trying to read the key via wshell

Type your comment> @idomino said:

Did you try to swap client/server?

rooted.
PM for nuggets

Finally!

root@bolt:~#

Now that it’s done, it feels good.

Can someone please confirm that I DONT need to use the o*A** server on u** 7?

Because I have NO IDEA how to use that :smiley:

Now i got this error

“List(key) returned error, retrying after 27.770234378s: Decode: invalid character”

when i try to backup any help?

i’m not able to read iptables just yet but I can guarantee you that it’s moderately nuts enough to be crushing most of what you are doing (or attempting) with the final steps. despite having the entire dir I don’t have the proper access codes.
sad.

if anyone wants to talk about the end let me know.
#BeStrong

Spoiler Removed

User down, onto root.

Trying for root. Need nudge please if possible. Thanks

What a ride!
User was relatively easy (comparing to root). It took me several hours.
Root - a lot of features implemented just to keep you awake. It took me almost 2 days to figure everything out as I was not familiar with the technology and syntax.
As other people suggested: read the docs of the thing you’re trying to exploit.

hint:
For the second user, If you are unable to create working shell fast enough (it’s possible but kinda tricky) then don’t run, hide.

i’m sure that i have some of files needed to get to ******.registry.htb but i’m missing some key files … i think :smiley:

do not know where to go from here … any help?

found that it’s a dr r**y but don’t know what to do next, any hint for user plz ?