Networked

Rooted! My first box. Was rather fun! Really enjoyed it. To get the initial shell: Trick the server to think something is something else. User: Find interesting file, see what it does. Timing is crucial. Exploit it! Root: Basic enumeration. You can also google it.

I’m root thanks for all :=)
Feel free to PM if you need any hint.

Stuck at u*d., help plz to noob :slight_smile:

if u are n00b like me its going to be pain in ■■■■… but trust me this box is easy and it give some cool knowledge , took me 3 days for user and 10 minutes for root.{my safemade first blood record} …thanks to all guys for their nudges

Spoiler Removed

Rooted, Thanks r0xas for your help, Feel free to PM if you need any hint.

Looking for a small hint, working on root. Found the script, I understand most of what its doing but unsure how to leverage this into something useful for myself

i have uploaded my shell using double extension, but can’t get the session. the up***** dir shows “.” (dot). i tried calling the file name through u******/file_name but got 404…

help and DMs would be extremely appreciated :slight_smile:

i more or less get how root works now, thanks @aho for your help!

Rooted.

I am totally stuck on user, cant read the u***.**t file, can someone give help about this ? or give a good reference please.

Spoiler Removed

Just rooted this box in an unintentional way by breaking the script while running some “chown” command lol!

I dont know if this was intended to do so, if anyone rooted it in another way than breaking the script DO PM ME!

CHEERS

anyone can help me with user??? i’ve got shell for apache user

Now that i’ve rooted this box, could someone explain how the user exploit works? Not sure I understand exactly what is happening

all right guys i feel like i understood some of what you said in this 17 comment pages but right now im not even sure i got to the first shell :frowning:

i’ve found the backup.tar and i have looked on how we could upload some file in order to insert a php script … is that the things to do or am i completly lost ? please save meee ^^

Spoiler Removed

I am totally stuck at apache, can someone give me good resources on how I remove the permission in a file, i tried all I search but nothing works totally noob here, please give me some hints

Type your comment> @Holyrogue said:

So just out of curiosity the /uploads page is there a reason why when the machine resets all i receive is a " . " on the page any not any of the uploads?

same here

Can someone give me some help to user? I read all the suggestions in these pages, but I don’t understand how to TOUCH c****_a*****.p**. You can also help me with PM. Thanks.