[OSINT] Breach

I did some “small” bruteforcing as well for the last step, couldn’t be bothered to look up the correct information because I am fed up with that twitter page.

I think this challenge might be a bit too easy and not different enough from the previous ones.

I think that I was missing a key detail but I used BF based on the info that I had

update… looks like I had the right info… I was just trying to dig too deep where there was nothing. if you have the right detials you should be able to guess it in a few tries.

Flagged! Would love a senior dev’s responsibilities for junior’s pay!

Great challenge, got stuck at some point but from there, it got a lot easier.
I don’t think bruteforcing would work anyways, just focus on the files you have and try to find information.

Is the password somehow in the txt file or in some tweet? I know who I’m looking for but I can’t find anything helpful. I already worked with that txt file but it seems useless until now.

the actually PW is not, but the pattern is… hope that is not too much info

@anguzmar said:

I did some “small” bruteforcing as well for the last step, couldn’t be bothered to look up the correct information because I am fed up with that twitter page.

Ha, not sure which of the twitter pages your talking about but i feel like at this point i know them all forwards and backwards…

good challenge.
A warning to anyone using Open office: Try a different program.
I use Open office 4.1.1 and it doesn’t know what to do with the .docx file, it sent me down a deep rabbit hole before I try something else.

Nevermind, got it

very simple , just a little bit info from Twitter

OSINT challenges are so fun. Thank you @Arrexel
Will you do more?

I’m having trouble figuring out how to use what is inside key.docx

I already got where to go in twitter, but I am having trouble finding the hint/pass… Can anyone provide me some kind of hint?

Type your comment> @xnakra said:

I’m having trouble figuring out how to use what is inside key.docx

Try to use something like CyberChef

I’ve mutated relevant passwords with the pattern and nothing. Does office2john work here?

i find the password with some searching twitter leaked and etc but cant open key.docx why?is it need to bruteforce similar password?i use openoffice!

are the bad data lines in the p****** file important? or just noise?

Is the password even in the breached file?

Hey everyone, thank you for playing Breach!

I really appreciated reading all your positive comments and I’m glad you enjoyed the challenge!