Registry

anyone message me. how i can get a shell… i stuck in dirb…

• Rooted. Thanks to the creator of the box. @thek

Rooted very fun box.

User part it very fun in this forum has enoung hint.
Root part take your time to understand , What you can do.

We can got root 2 methods.
Very easy and hard but not much.

Manual document is the best friend.

Trick : root shell it has a little bug just look carefully.

Rooted.

First hard box. I guess i did root it the intended way? It seemed like it, can someone pm me what the other method is? Just curious.

For user much thanks to @backslasht for a the hint :slight_smile:

A little CTF like, but had fun all the way! Thanks @thek ! :slight_smile:

Could someone give me a nudge? I have found a hash inside a file, but struggling to find the salt that corresponds to the hash. Is that even the right way?

Type your comment> @idomino said:

Could someone give me a nudge? I have found a hash inside a file, but struggling to find the salt that corresponds to the hash. Is that even the right way?

I got the plain text from it, but to be honest with you, I just wasted time there. You can own the machine without using B***t.

I can’t really get a hold of this machine, I found some dirs, a domain (with d****r), and a web app but I’m clueless as to how to proceed further.

EDIT:
Managed to get a cert file. Needing a key (i think).

Can anyone pm me a hint for root. Tons of enumeration but not seeing it.

did the box just got patched?? The way i did root, does not work anymore. But that was the fun part :frowning:

@thek

Very nice box mate!
I liked the intended way.

@minimal0
Yes, the box got patched.

Hi, I would appreciate hint for root :), Thanks

Stupid question, for user when I have downloaded all the ingridients (manually) for my cake, is it possible to get the combined cake without installing the cake-making-application (and re-download) or can I do it manually?

Patched? Not cool. That means I rooted it in two unintended ways. I’m too tired now, tomorrow I will try a third time, ■■■■ it.

sure. can definitely do it manually all in one unpacking command.
everything will unravel into your working dir. hopefully.

hmmm… got in last night as b**t user, but when I reset the box today and SSH in as user b**t, certain s**o command was gone… I guess thats the patch people are talking about?

Yes sudo doesn’t work anymore stuck at privesc …

root is pretty cool.
Gotta dig into the documentation for this one.
(Edit: Looks like it’s not the intended way but…pretty close :))

Finally got user, in retrospect it is stupidly simple, just got deep down to a rabbit hole…
Now onto root :slight_smile:

i got user within the hour of the box but didnt get any further before the patch came hehe.

i enjoyed the last part (: