Forest

Anyone able to help with a hint regarding user shell? I have credentials.

Type your comment> @jkirsten said:

Anyone able to help with a hint regarding user shell? I have credentials.

Check @mcruz comment further up the page

I love these realistic machines. This was so much fun.

For those trying to get a foothold, understand that this box is setup to be extremely real-world, as in, most corporate environments with this kind of technology are going to have this vulnerability. Admins don’t always understand the security impacts of configuring certain types of accounts that you’ll end up seeing with this box.

If you happened to get a foothold on a corporate network but didn’t have an account to do the more common attacks, what kind of attack can you carry out anonymously to get something that may give you access to an account?

Stuck trying to get ha** for initial creds. Trying to use imp***** (GNP***) but keep getting an error (wrong_realm). I’ve had no previous experience with this, so am quite unsure what I’m doing - any help or nudges would be greatly appreciated!

Type your comment> @Cli3nt said:

The problem is, that in the guides, they just transfer the sharp doggy to the target machine and then execute it, which creates a file. Neither my ps1-file nor my exe-file do anything (executed it from PS or via normal cmd).

use the -ns

1 Like

@suls said:

Not getting any output from the dog as well! Any ideas?

Exactly the same place, found a differnt user to use cant find a way to use that user as a shell either from the box or via r***s from a windows box, tried py version of the dog remotely on both kali and linux but get

The DNS operation timed out after 3.00061106682 seconds

on both kali and windows, DNS and resolv setup correctly to point at the box so far as i can see, nslookup works …

use the -ns

1 Like

Please stop resetting the machine all the time!

I’ve got user a while ago and working on root, from what I can gather there are a number of tools that I can use… and from investigation I can honestly say that the documentation associated with these tools fluctuates between non-existent, to borderline sh*te.

edit That said with perseverance, and a lot of googling I’ve managed root

Type your comment> @HJFR said:

The problem is, that in the guides, they just transfer the sharp doggy to the target machine and then execute it, which creates a file. Neither my ps1-file nor my exe-file do anything (executed it from PS or via normal cmd).

use the -ns

-ns switch of the dog, or nslookup?

Type your comment> @garnettk said:

Type your comment> @HJFR said:

use the -ns

-ns switch of the dog, or nslookup?

dog to force it to use the dns of the server instead the one in your machine.

Type your comment> @suls said:

I dont think the inital user has execution rights

I think it does. I can execute meterpreter payload to get a meterpreter session. But the same prompt doesn’t return anything when i execute the sharp dog.

For anyone who is struggling with the Dog after initial user shell:

go to Dog’s GitHub Wiki page and check out “Connection Options”… you might find default setting don’t suite your needs

I am trying to execute Sh********.ps1 to collect some data from e********m but i am getting no output. Can anyone help me?

Done and Dusted.

A very straightforward box, thanks for this awesome box, @egre55 and @mrb3n

Anyone having difficulties?, shoot me a DM.

C:>whoami
htb\administrator

Hey guys, I just rooted Forest, however I have some questions regarding this AD vulnerability.

1. Is there any requirement (like a certain permission, which is necessary for the user) that I can execute the doge on the VM? Or is it just possible to do this in every Active Directory with AD default configuration.
  2. Only with hint, I got to use a certain python tool together with the doge, to go further and get the juicy data. Is there any indication like “if you see this certain structure in the doge result, then try to use this tool” or is it just like “if you can get the doggy file, then always fire up this python script”.

I would be glad, if somebody could answer. Feel free to PM, instead of comment, if you think it is necessary.

Thanks!

deleted

@f3v3r , You need to import the ps module using ‘Import-module SharpHound.ps1’.

Need help regarding the actual user shell.
I’ve obtained a username and a password, but I’ve tried attacking all the ports I could find with a lot of the impacket execs (smbexec,psexec,wmiexec), and some metasploit things. The user just seems to have no access to anything meaningful? Appreciate either a DM or a hint here. I feel like I’m really close, but missing something silly

Absolutely amazing box! message me for help!

Type your comment> @LeonardLeonard said:

Need help regarding the actual user shell.
I’ve obtained a username and a password, but I’ve tried attacking all the ports I could find with a lot of the impacket execs (smbexec,psexec,wmiexec), and some metasploit things. The user just seems to have no access to anything meaningful? Appreciate either a DM or a hint here. I feel like I’m really close, but missing something silly

re-enum :slight_smile: there is something