[CRYPTO] Optimus Prime

Let’s start the discussion on the challenge

Hope you like the travel! Please avoid spoilers!!

Thats very strange for me but i cannot even connect to the challenge. Even curl (with any 0X parameter) hangs out. Could somebody PM me if that’s normal case?

Enjoyed the challenge @Xh4h, nice and easy, makes me feel smarter than I am :slight_smile:

@Kucharskov should be able to connect just fine with nc.

Type your comment> @snuggles said:

Enjoyed the challenge @Xh4h, nice and easy, makes me feel smarter than I am :slight_smile:

@Kucharskov should be able to connect just fine with nc.

Awesome!! Glad you like it :slight_smile:

Nice challenge, I didn’t really understand why the other menu options are there though. If you are stuck it’s definitely worth thinking about the title of the challenge and how it might relate to the cryptosystem being presented!

Beautiful challenge. It took me a long time to study and taught me a few things about cryptography. Thanks @Xh4h

Well, I tried lot of attacks but I think I’m missing something, if anyone wants to discuss about it feel free to PM me

@hyperreality said:

Nice challenge, I didn’t really understand why the other menu options are there though. If you are stuck it’s definitely worth thinking about the title of the challenge and how it might relate to the cryptosystem being presented!

That was the idea! :smiley: glad you liked it haha

@nemen said:

Beautiful challenge. It took me a long time to study and taught me a few things about cryptography. Thanks @Xh4h

Awesome!! :slight_smile:

I did it! Very cool challenge with some math :wink:
I already done an automation script for passing this challenge.

standing on a cliff and looking away
That was Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving HTB players taking refuge among the stars. He is here. He are waiting.
music plays
What I’ve Doneeeeeeeee! ♪♫

Hi guys, I’m very new to hack the box and I’m not sure how to connect to the challenge. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated!

Type your comment> @jmeyer4 said:

Hi guys, I’m very new to hack the box and I’m not sure how to connect to the challenge. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated!

You press the ‘start’ button and then use something like netcat together with the hostname (docker.hackthebox.eu) and the port provided. However, that said, if you are new to hackthebox I suggest you try an easier challenge first.

I had fun writing the script to solve this challenge. Thank you for creating it, @Xh4h

@limbernie said:

I had fun writing the script to solve this challenge. Thank you for creating it, @Xh4h

Thank you! Glad you had fun :slight_smile:

One of the best crypto challenge in the platform! Great concept, nice use of cryptography! Congratulations! @Xh4h

Really need help here, cant get what the message is, any hint is appreciated.

Hey Author! Is there something wrong going on… I amn’t recieving any email for the private key??

I’m kinda stuck. Got public key and the encrypted password. Am I suppose to receive an email after inputting my email?

@P3t4 said:

One of the best crypto challenge in the platform! Great concept, nice use of cryptography! Congratulations! @Xh4h

Thanks man!! Good to hear that :smile:

Very cool <3

Hack The Box