Networked

does the uploaded file need to end with php or an image extension

Hi guys!
I am really stuck on user – I have a shell but need a little bit of a push/what direction to head in to get access to the flag. I have a few ideas… can anyone hit me up with a message if they have a sec?

Thanks!

Finally rooted! This was simple but also infuriating…

Can anyone give me a nudge? I am trying to get php running (loaded a reverse shell file). But no luck triggering it (using phpinfo(); to confirm). Also found a nice 2*****.c exploit for C*****n but somehow won’t compile, not sure if it is a rabbit hole.

I’m stuck! I know nothing about bh, so I have no clue what to do with the c****a***-file. Can someone please message me? I’m learning, just not fast enough =)

Type your comment> @Impulse said:

Read this …
U get root within seconds !! :slight_smile:
Frejus Cherche Sage Femme - Incontri Eur Lombardia

haha seems fishy> @Impulse said:

Read this …
U get root within seconds !! :slight_smile:
Frejus Cherche Sage Femme - Incontri Eur Lombardia

lol beef hooK?

Well this is my first box, I uploaded shell, run ca.php, saw cn*.sh and still can’t figure out how to get user and root. I’ll be very appreciative for a nudge.

Type your comment> @imd said:

Well this is my first box, I uploaded shell, run ca.php, saw cn*.sh and still can’t figure out how to get user and root. I’ll be very appreciative for a nudge.

which user are u now?

Type your comment> @Othell0 said:

which user are u now?
apache

Type your comment> @Othell0 said:

which user are u now?
apache

Yes try to discover what ca.php does and look for a way to exploit this for escalation

any hint for the user or root
P.M

I need help with the user, can someone please pm me?

Any hints about the linenumber I need to look at for root? and maybe some documentation that might be handy for this?

rooted it, learned something there

Finally got user and root today! Been at it for a couple days on and off. Very new to all this so many thanks to @OxLumens and @rholas for some hints along the way! Great learning experience and my first box.

can anyone help me with networked machine. I gained a low privilege shell first. Then, i browsed to the /html dir where I found 4 php files and also c****_aphp on another dir. I got a hint to create a file in /u dir to get user. Then i went to get user and i found that a user has already created that file. I created the same file and it worked. But, I am unable to completely understand how it’s working. I read the php files and got some idea but, I can’t completely get it to the verge of getting the idea to create that file and execute it correctly.

Finally rooted. PM for hints.

I had difficulty with root, after reading suggestions for fuzzing the script it became very clear. I learned a lot from this machine even though some parts were difficult.

Hi there, I’m a newbs here and networked is actually my first box. Getting the userflag was pretty easy given we litteraly have the source code but … I can’t get the password from the hash, seems like it’s not in the crackstation db nor in the leaks i’ve collected -_-', can someone pm me the pwd in clear || some hint so i can continue to root ?

/e: Finally PWND, big thanks to @Othell0

You dont need to crack the user.txt. This is the goal, just paste it to the site