Sniper

Comments

• oh it's appreciated knowing things. right there with you, rn.
    honestly I get outmaneuvered badly on IIS/machines all the time because the interior, underlying environment is too mystical to me.
    just gonna #TryHarder

• Spoiler Removed

• Type your comment> @wizliz said:

I'm in the US with VIP and haven't had any general problems with the box. I think I made SQL crash once, but aside from that I haven't had any problems aside from my general ineptitude on getting a shell to pop.

I know my experiences don't mean you aren't having problems, just wanted to throw out there that it might not be the box, or at least it's not a universal issue.

your lucky man im about to quit on this machine its been the most unreliable/unstable i have used on vip hosts to date i cannot keep a shell more than 30 seconds :( hope others have better luck

• Anyone have some advice on the inclusion? Local works in a few spots, but remote doesn't, even using s**s*****.py. I see it connecting back, but it's not accessing anything or providing anything useful to crack.
    Any nudges?

• Also on US VIP and having my shell drop after a few minutes tops.
    Any tips on privesc to user?

• Got the initial exploit + a shell,
    now trying to get a proper meterpreter

for the moment, it's a really interesting box

• @MinatoTW @felamos thanks for this vm buddies, really well put together, I enjoyed it quite a lot, cheers

Hack The Box

• Type your comment> @wizliz said:

I'm in the US with VIP and haven't had any general problems with the box. I think I made SQL crash once, but aside from that I haven't had any problems aside from my general ineptitude on getting a shell to pop.

I know my experiences don't mean you aren't having problems, just wanted to throw out there that it might not be the box, or at least it's not a universal issue.

thanks!

yeah i completely reinstalled the kali vm and it seems to be working fine today.

• edited October 2019

Type your comment> @kudrom said:

@MinatoTW @felamos thanks for this vm buddies, really well put together, I enjoyed it quite a lot, cheers

wise words, comrad. really well put together, @MinatoTW @felamos Thanks for that box

v1ew-s0urce.flv
  • edited October 2019

any hint for root?
    nevermind just rooted

• Finally rooted, after 2 days of bashing my head against some weird syntax.
    Foothold: Look at the OS
    User: Go back to the 'non functional' page
    Root: Finish the job for him

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments, or on box release night). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • Type your comment> @th3d00msl4y3r said:

any hint for root?

important documents could be undone sometimes

v1ew-s0urce.flv
  • This box is fun! I am working on User now.... found old stuff... Am I on the right path?

• Thanks guys!

Hack The Box

Don't let the box pwn you!!

• edited October 2019

Clarification for foothold: if someone's script does not work - use native tool.

• Rooted! If someone who also rooted could PM me, I have a question about that last step that I'm not sure why what worked worked.

• What a rude employeer hehe

-All hail the Potato-

• So finally rooted the box. Amazing box, had to hoop through so many things that I've lost count now :D

• A MA ZING BOX.. the level of frustation, irritation and joy packed in such a fun little package. Huray for you guys
    @MinatoTW / @felamos

Could we possibly get a follow to see how the Employeer / Employee relationship played out

-All hail the Potato-

• The next box could be called "mortar" lol. It should include a more in depth look at this CEO and his relationships. Please please please santa clause! @MinatoTW @felamos

• Does anyone have any advice on getting a shell back as user? I have a basic shell and the user creds, but the Windows "restrictions" keep preventing me from executing anything to get a shell back. I've tried everything I can think of, short of compiling C# code.
    Thanks!

• Type your comment> @ssklash said:

Does anyone have any advice on getting a shell back as user? I have a basic shell and the user creds, but the Windows "restrictions" keep preventing me from executing anything to get a shell back. I've tried everything I can think of, short of compiling C# code.
    Thanks!

@ssklash said:
    Does anyone have any advice on getting a shell back as user? I have a basic shell and the user creds, but the Windows "restrictions" keep preventing me from executing anything to get a shell back. I've tried everything I can think of, short of compiling C# code.
    Thanks!

Im not sure if this is the intended route or not but it works.. look into certutil.exe

• Thanks @scrapdizle
    Did you use a pretty standard payload for it? I'd messed with certutil a bit, but no luck. I will keep playing with it and see what I can do.

• Anybody got any hint for this machine ? I have spend whole day but nothing....

• Thanks @clubby789 and @th3d00msl4y3r for helping me out.
    The box is quite amazing and i have learned a lot from the box and from both of you guys.

Finally Rooted the box: after 2 days making syntax mistakes every time.

Initial Foothold : Look for OS and play with web application try to enumerate every parameter each and every point.

For User : Look for some juicy information may be the non functional page in the app can help.

For Root : find something interesting and google for more about that.

PS: Check synatx everytime otherwise you will get frustrated with the box .

Thanks @MinatoTW and @felamos for such and amazing box. :)

Hack The Box
    If i helped you and tried to explained you! just give me a respect. click on the img to get my profile link.!
    Profile : https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/users/profile/17564

• Dancing around "basic" shell and some creds. Cant get "user" shell. Probably need a hint to PM

OSCP

Hack The Box

• Type your comment> @s1mpl3 said:

Dancing around "basic" shell and some creds. Cant get "user" shell. Probably need a hint to PM

Port forwarding.

• edited October 2019

What's wrong with reset? There's a certain file with 0 size which I need normal size but the reset button doesn't work lol. Edit: working again

Tohzzicklao

• edited October 2019

Is windows defender removing my special payload for root?

Edit: Rooted

• Need a nudge on the LFI part . Am I on the right path?

Sign In to comment.