Obscure Challenge

Really awesome challenge. I struggled a bit after getting the file, which I figured wouldn’t be protected at all, but after that everything went fine. LOVED IT!

I keep getting a corrupted file. Any hints?

1 Like

ONe of the best challenges I have ever solve. Wasn’t that easy but I learnt a lot!

Fun one and not crazy hard. Really enjoyed it. Happy to give hints via DM for anyone struggling.

Type your comment> @artikrh said:

Thanks for the positive feedback – glad you guys enjoyed this one. In case you want to read my write-up on it, then see the following PDF document (password protected with the HTB flag): https://github.com/artikrh/HackTheBox/blob/master/Obscure_Forensics_Write-up.pdf

Very nice one!

This was a really well-crafted challenge. Each part followed on from the last nicely as you work through it, and it all made sense. Kudos!

Real fun challenge thus far. I think I’m close to getting the flag but could use a hint. I don’t want to spoil it for others here, is there someone I could PM for some feedback?

Type your comment> @sageos said:

Real fun challenge thus far. I think I’m close to getting the flag but could use a hint. I don’t want to spoil it for others here, is there someone I could PM for some feedback?

Nvm, I found the flag. Thanks for a great challenge @artikrh I learned a lot.

Took the flag. Best task ever. I wish i could give @artikrh more then 1 respect :slight_smile:

1 Like

An interesting machine. The foothold is the hardest part. After you get the shell is just code understanding.

@zaBogdan said:

An interesting machine. The foothold is the hardest part. After you get the shell is just code understanding.

This is the thread for Obscure, not Obscurity :wink:

1 Like

Great challenge. easy to follow, fun to decode, and learned to use about five tools if not more. No gotcha steps, a couple red herrings, fun to think about and execute.

Type your comment> @zaBogdan said:

The foothold is the hardest part.

Absolutely! Directory fuzzing doesn’t give any clue. Am I missing something?

Do I have to de-obfuscate the s****t.php file? Or must I use the PCAP?

@artikrh thank you very much for the challenge liked a lot

Type your comment> @NVQXE23I said:

Do I have to de-obfuscate the s****t.php file? Or must I use the PCAP?

You have to use both to solve, read the challenge intro again

@artikrh Great challenge that one was fun =).

@artikrh i almost had no prior knowledge to php ¯_(ツ)_/¯ but the challenge helped me learn a lot . The description is well written and clear with no random guessing. So a big thank you

Thanks for this challenge, by far the funnest one I’ve done yet

Hey guys. I managed to decode the commands but unable to extract k**x file. Can anyone please give me nudge? Thanks in advance