Json

get at me if you want to talk about the heath ledger stuff.
happy to help because on arkham and this lesser beast it was ‘A Real Thing’ to deal with.
and also it’s pretty, uh, pretty good.
#BlessUp

as my username suggests, I would like to learn what I need to do for this box. Can anyone suggest some reading materials or something similar to this? thanks

anyone help me with this box i am not able to get initial foothold, i am missing some thing here in the box any hint please.

Rooted. What a pain in the ■■■ this box was. Did anyone manage “NOT” to use a separate VM windows box for that “yso” tool?? I had more problems setting up a VM than I did rooting this box. If you manage to create a payload without windows machine, please let me know. Thank you

Type your comment> @johnnyz187 said:

Rooted. What a pain in the ■■■ this box was. Did anyone manage “NOT” to use a separate VM windows box for that “yso” tool?? I had more problems setting up a VM than I did rooting this box. If you manage to create a payload without windows machine, please let me know. Thank you

I used vi with payload by adjusting array item, encoding output and pasted into burp. What was odd was the final payload I needed to add an extra white space at the beginning for it to execute ie after /c . No idea why the double white space worked but single failed every time.
No windows required just create a bash script with above

really good box, went smooth. I liked it !

I hate you.
But also, +1
May have some Qs for you.

Type your comment> @sbridgens said:

I used vi with payload by adjusting array item, encoding output and pasted into burp. What was odd was the final payload I needed to add an extra white space at the beginning for it to execute ie after /c . No idea why the double white space worked but single failed every time.
No windows required just create a bash script with above

I know how to generate the payload and where to send it. However due to extreme windows unfamiliarity syndrome, I’m not sure what command to send XD some nudge would be appreciated…

edit: nevermind, got user :slight_smile: now onto root…

edit2: and yes, you don’t really need the VM if you found the page for y************ and know what you’re doing.

edit3: and easy root the vegetable way… but I don’t understand how the vegetable works :frowning: so need to keep spending more time on this

tried 620k usernames without success. is it worth brute forcing more?
EDIT: got it.

@an0n said:

Nope. It’s a default user/pass

Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

@an0n said:

Nope. It’s a default user/pass

thx. didnt need it. :wink:

Does anyone fancy teaching me the way to get onto the box, JSON is not my strongest area, neither are windows payloads. If anyone is up for a teaching moment I would really appreciate it :slight_smile: Please PM me if you would like to help. Respect will obviously be given.

I can run reverse ping, but I tried a lot of commands to download from Windows and can not do it. Can someone help me with this?

Nvm, got shell and user with help of @parteeksingh

Rooted
Very cool CTF
Thank you

Currently fighting with the payload for user, trying to get anything else than a ping. Now trying to get my payload through with SMB. Has anyone done it this way, or have I been going down a rabbit hole those last few hours ?

edit : Jeez, way to overcomplicate things -_- Really gotta work my windows-fu … onto root, now !

Got user… 3-4 minutes from payload to receiving rev shell… didn’t expect to receive it already and then it pops up.
Can’t add anything for User, there are enough hints in this thread. if you know/found yso**** thing and found where to apply it, then you probably almost there

rooted: definitely needs vegetables

anyone used ys******l on kali, if you managed a way to do that on kali please PM me

rooted, learned a lot.

Type your comment> @Isyber said:

anyone used ys******l on kali, if you managed a way to do that on kali please PM me

Same here! I am looking for a way to construct the payload without resorting to setting up a Windows VM (is compilation required too?). Please PM if anyone knows how to do it in kali.

@zelensky said:
Type your comment> @Isyber said:

Same here! I am looking for a way to construct the payload without resorting to setting up a Windows VM (is compilation required too?). Please PM if anyone knows how to do it in kali.

Having a windows VM isn’t so bad, it is super helpful and probably something everyone should have anyway, right? There’s no compilation required, just grab a release zip.