[STEGO] Image Processing 101

Can anybody gime me a hint for this stego challenge? I have tried almost everything but still no results…

Following with interest! As the challenge description says, this ain’t no script kiddie one.

Type your comment> @davidlightman said:

Following with interest! As the challenge description says, this ain’t no script kiddie one.

Sure

I saw something suspicious around the edges of the image but I can’t put my finger on it. Also, I can’t seem to find any images on reverse image search engines that matched its dimensions.

I also noticed the strange squares…

don’t try extract the flag with a simple tool may be need search for many methods of steganography like FFT, in this way you know how to proces the image and got the flag.

this challenges isn’t for 20 point :slight_smile:

Try Harder!

@Mataya said:
don’t try extract the flag with a simple tool may be need search for many methods of steganography like FFT, in this way you know how to proces the image and got the flag.

Try Harder!

Excellent hint

I’ve managed to get some kind of flag in HTB{} format.
Not sure if I’m not typing it correctly or it’s a rabbit hole and I should go deeper?

Edit:
Not a rabbit hole. Just me typing badly.

Got the flag.

PM me for hints.

Thanks @joshibeast for the nudge. This challenge is too obscure for just 20 points, I have struggled more with this challenge than “Massacre” or “Not Art”.

EDIT: I think I should just refer to Mataya’s comment, it’s all you need.

@Mataya said:

Try Harder!

Thanks @joshibeast for the hint. Too difficult for 20 points IMO.

can someone confirm my flag?

Just submit your flag, if it is accepted than the flag is good :slight_smile:

i am not able to find the flag i did almost everything can anyone give a some kind of hint

If anything i just had a hard time reading it!!! lol But i am curious if anyone will PM me if that used a certain program that if they had problems installing on linux? this was what i spent all my time on. because i wanted to be able to have a plugin run properly and it never worked! so i used an alternative to solve it.

I got the HTB{} flag but I’m having trouble reading it so I’m apparently typing it in wrong. Can someone PM me to help? I’ll PM what I think it’s saying

EDIT: Nvm I got it. For anyone else having trouble reading it, try doing some image enhancements. Maybe “re-exposing” it might help.

Not sure if anyone else went the python scripting route, but I just used a single function in a python scipy package. Worked great. Nice, simple challenge.

I’m totally lost here. Not even the FFT hint helping out here.

Wasted 30min for this because of misleading hint with not to be a script kiddy. For every one here is the hint: Be a script kiddy

Got this one. kinda easy if you have the right tools. like @Tristate said…