Jarvis

I’ve been busy for many hours trying to figure out the foothold. I’ve tried 3 different tools. Checked out the rooms, pictures, LFI and bruteforce p********n. Could someone perhaps nudge me in the right direction, please?

stuck in the same spot, not sure how to proceed. have p********n but cant figure out where to go from here. thanks

still stuck on root sy*l i created the .se file and try to enable with proper flags, but it keeps spittin “Failed to enable” not found, im not too privy and im reading up as much as i can, i hope this doesnt spoil… but if anyone is up to discussing ideas or other tactics please pm me :slight_smile:

Woohoo!! got user and root in one day after banging my head against a brick wall for a couple of weeks. Need to think outside of the box and one database related comment was what through the brick wall. All hints needed to root this box are already in the forums. if you are really stuck then re-read the forum again and again until something clicks. Oh, google is also a great help. Added another couple of sites to my bookmarks.

Okay, I’ve been banging my head against the wall on Root for a few days now. I’ve seen a few posts on needing to get a more stable shell to properly interface with sysl, (s) - which prompts me for a pw. Can anyone point me towards information on how to either 1) reset the user account password without knowing the password to begin with, 2) setup the more stable shell (s) for an account without having to know the current password, or 3) obtain the current password for the user account? Without doing this step, I’m stuck at various sys****l errors trying to get a ser**** to run.

I’m trying to create a service, but when I try to start it from the location where I can write, it throws an error saying no such file found. Badly stuck on the root priv esc part.

Hi guys ! Can someone please give a nudge on getting root . I got the user but dont know how to get root.
Any help pls :slight_smile:

this box is a pain in the fucking ■■■. keep getting banned for trying out different enumeration services. need a nudge / hint bad, close to giving up on this…

Struggling with root. How are you able to edit sy******l ? - Getting error opening terminal: unknown and editor failed with error code 1. Please DM me.

Hi guys can someone pls give me a hint on getting user. I discover the admin panel and tried brute force it. No success. Any hint pls

Any pointers on getting privesc to p****r? Plz PM me…

Yes finally got root ^^ . Getting the user actually took me a lot longer for some reason xD nice box but,learned a lot.

someone reset it for me! lolz apparently i’ve reset the box too much today

Just rooted. Fun box!

Tips - which are already here somewhere:

Foothold: Check all the rooms thoroughly.
User: it’s not always what you’re running, its where you’re running it from.
Root: Enumerate thoroughly for the user and make sure you have a proper shell.

Also, thanks to @FailWhale for the nudge when I needed it!

Escalating to P****r was a bit squirrelly, but I always enjoy leveraging that type of vulnerability when I come across it. I don’t think I got user in the most efficient way, so I’m open to anyone messaging me to compare notes. Root was ez-pz and unique.

Hints:
User: Infoblox NetMRI 7.1.4 Shell Escape
Root: https://gtfobins.github.io, this github site is truly special. I’m surprised there isn’t one for common binaries found on Windows machines

Finally rooted this beast…i give @Phillarby all the glory, thanks bro, i was ready to give up on this one…and @letMel00kDeepr for user…thanks dude :slight_smile:

I cant say more than whats allready been said, but i will say to those struggling with root…KISS dont overthink it like i did or its rabbit holllymolly…

I am horrendously stuck at user. Have shell at w**-d***, but have no idea how to use s******.py. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Removed

nvm got a shell as w**-d***. Now working for user. Any pointer would be great!

Got into admin panel, but can’t figure out how to get a shell from here. Been stuck for ages so a helping hand would be much appreciated