Illumination

Wow, just wow… got that within a minute…

Somehow I have the feeling I already did exactly the same on a (now retired) machine… But this time I didn’t use the commandline, but a plugin in an editor which made it even simpler…

Could anybody give me any hint?
Feel a bit lost since imm trying to edit code but seems much easier :confused:

Type your comment> @hsmxmx said:

No editing of code required. Quite the opposite.
Are you sure you’re looking at all files?

Type your comment> @BazSecOps said:

Type your comment> @hsmxmx said:

No editing of code required. Quite the opposite.
Are you sure you’re looking at all files?

I’m dumb af lol, thx

Hi everyone I read and reread the code a few times but there is something that I probably don’t see. someone who smodori a small sermeter. thanks

@nemen read the challenge description. Make sure to look at all files in the zip. It should really jump out at you. Feel free to DM me for a hint.

Guys, do I need any debugging program to do this challenge or this can be done in the notepad?

@elearning no debugging program needed. No notepad either, really… Feel free to DM me for a hint.

Thanks for the nudge @Dethread I was looking for a right thing but using wrong tools. Finally cli did the job.

I rooted this challenge, easy but if you have somes doubts about files of the tool, could be weird solve it, after a investigation I got it what happen, a hint that i want to leave here is that you need know how tool save information and a specially command to make a “cat” on it.

Hi,

Im new to HTB and just started the Illumination challenge. I have found what i think is a hint but after following up on the hint I got stuck. Anyone with a hint maybe?

Type your comment> @langejerry99 said:

Hi,

Im new to HTB and just started the Illumination challenge. I have found what i think is a hint but after following up on the hint I got stuck. Anyone with a hint maybe?

Look at all the included files properly. Feel free to DM if you still can’t find.

This one was fun.

the flag is in clear text ?

finished :slight_smile:

Hi. I see that everyone passes this challenge is very simple. You don’t have to use a debugger, or edit, or anything at all and it’s in plain sight. Can anyone give me a hint?

Thnks and sorry. It’s resolved. I am not a programmer.

Can anyone give me a hint? Can’t solve it at the moment :confused:

Type your comment> @daando said:

Can anyone give me a hint? Can’t solve it at the moment :confused:

Got em, was thinking tottaly wrong

May anyone provide a hint? I tried encoding the token in the console file and I’m still unsure where to look at between the two files?

Having ZERO experience with this particular platform I provide the following…

Hint:

1. Are you sure you see EVERYTHING from the zip?
  2. Based on what you found from step 1, perhaps there is a particular way of reading files besides “cat”.