Scavenger

Hi! i got user, found a way to privesc into (.pcp file ), but it seems not working (iā€™m running it from sl.p)
someone can give me a hint? should i have a tty?

edit: got root, but i think I missed one stepā€¦

Man, the slow thing is really slowā€¦ Someone was saying based on the .***p I donā€™t need to bother with it?

Edit: got user :slight_smile: losing my mind in the final step, canā€™t make the ā€œmagic commandā€ work itā€™s magicā€¦

Iā€™m at what i am presuming to be the very last step before jumping through the gate of yonder, but i am looking for an adult who can explain to me the very last few backwards steps, or at least spot what i am missing. agency sponsored backwards approachā€¦

got root. after a lot of working. thanks to box creator @ompamo. it was relly cool box.

and thank to @naveen1729 for help. and special thank to @Tohzzicklao for heading me right way and hints.

Rooted :slight_smile: Thanks so much @ompamo for the box, it was a really nice one!

The user part shouldnā€™t be that hard if you enumerate again and again and look at the forum hints.
For the root part, you need to enumerate again and HOPE SOMEONE DIDNā€™T DELETE THE FILE!!

Donā€™t hesitate to PM if youā€™re struggling :wink:

Hack The Box

Finally, Rooted :slight_smile: Big Thanks to this guy @ompamo for such a frustrating yet amazing box.
Would like to thank @xcoder , @rival23 & @poiuytrewqhi for the nudges.

For anyone stuck at finding users : Youā€™ve got the hammer, all you need to do is finding weak wall to hit it in order to get into it.

For anyone stuck at root : Google the part, find the key and use your magic wand :slight_smile:

Rooted :slight_smile: what a ride! An amazingly frustrating yet statisfying box! Thank you @verg for the nudges and @ompamo for creating the box!!!

can someone please enlighten me on how to get past the VHOST error. DM me if you can help :slight_smile:

EDIT: I have gotten past this stage now thank you @przemeks and @dontknow for the nudges :slight_smile:

Hardest box so far for me.
Thanks and respect to @p4ncontomat3 !!

Banging my head against the wall AGAIN. I have a crappy shell on the insect after digging my way through a few things. Can someone please let me know if i am in a giant rabbit hole and maybe DM me with a pointer. respect will be given :smile:

EDIT: I have made it to the slow thing people were talking about. but reading back I think i need to look over the ā€”p file some more.

EDIT: User got. with thanks to help from @xcoder

Update: root was fun (and super simple when you found all the stuff in user enum). user was a bit of a pain with so many things to look at. I enjoyed the first steps (sq*i, digging) but the web part was a bit annoying. Upside: got me to write a local shell via http script :smile: 

I have found many colours of headwear and how to procure the services of people who would frequent this site. Iā€™ve tried digging into what I found and using what Iā€™ve found to look at original things. After digging for a while drawing a blank on where to go next.

What am I missing? Iā€™m guessing I havenā€™t found the insect yet or have missed the reference.

Type your comment> @beefaaubee09 said:

Finally, Rooted :slight_smile: Big Thanks to this guy @ompamo for such a frustrating yet amazing box.
Would like to thank @xcoder , @rival23 & @poiuytrewqhi for the nudges.

For anyone stuck at finding users : Youā€™ve got the hammer, all you need to do is finding weak wall to hit it in order to get into it.

For anyone stuck at root : Google the part, find the key and use your magic wand :slight_smile:

Congratz bro!

stuck. could anyone give me a DM injection for the initial foothold ?

Type your comment> @Parsons said:

stuck. could anyone give me a DM injection for the initial foothold ?

got it

Got User. Still havenā€™t found a way to get a proper shell (which i could use to privesc)ā€¦ Any Help? :wink:

Got root.txt

Done.

Hint.
for user Enum and enum and look previous step.
for root enum and try harder.

stuck at the urlā€¦ cannot get to user.txtā€¦ can anyone help me plz

I canā€™t find the ko file for the life of me. Any help will be appreciated!

wonderful box, thx @ompamo