Aragog

I’ve found something that appears every few minutes and some files that move every 5 minutes. I cannot see where it is called from.

more hints at priv. esc? :scream:

I got a number of shells - different users, ran LinEnum etc. Found a lot of things - but after 5 days I still haven’t got root. … this one is hard

@Raphaeangelo said:
Any hints on root? I’ve been stuck for a few days now.

Did you have any luck with priv esc? Can’t seem to find anything standing out. :confused:

@owg said:
I got a number of shells - different users, ran LinEnum etc. Found a lot of things - but after 5 days I still haven’t got root. … this one is hard

@DarkNight7 said:

@Raphaeangelo said:
Any hints on root? I’ve been stuck for a few days now.

Did you have any luck with priv esc? Can’t seem to find anything standing out. :confused:

@davad said:
more hints at priv. esc? :scream:

@monkeychild said:
I’ve found something that appears every few minutes and some files that move every 5 minutes. I cannot see where it is called from.

see if the site is hosting anything :wink:

Weird? The password I used to get onto said site doesn’t work lol

May anyone pm me about a hint? I think I have found the correct file from the system, but I always get a timeout. I was able to retrieve the public variant of that file

really could do with some pointers on priv esc. run the usual checkers and have compiled and tried them with no luck. I see there’s a job that runs every so often but don’t have permissions to edit that. please PM me with any clues you might have.

ok must add. I do not normally port stuff nor do I usually respond to PM’s. saying that as sometimes it’s not obvious if people have spent enough time on something. but I have with this one, saying that one exploit linuxprivchecker suggested which haven’t tried (next on todo list). but this one is weird. help me obewan you’re my only hope!

post even!!

Look harder!! I haven’t rooted it yet, but I think I am on the right path (at last).

ok looked harder. need some help, anyone? PM me please!!

I see a weird job running. cannot say as to not spoil. but runs /usr/sbin/XXXX and in CAPS! file does not exist how is that possible?

with -f, then the other jobs which I cannot edit

I have been at this box for days :smiley:

THIS BOX IS MINE!!! At long last :tired_face: Wow! That was a journey lol

Well,

Ive read this thread and the tips a few time now; OWASP, Burp etc. I found the 2 files and when i read them i see that they are related. The thing that just escapes me is on how to combine those two for the next step. I burped every field and tried a lot but am missing a crucial step. I don’t know how to use the information i have right now. I think the amount of hosts with the netmask is far lower, but then?

Any kind soul who could guide me in the right direction with a PM?

@CyberWizard said:
Well,

Ive read this thread and the tips a few time now; OWASP, Burp etc. I found the 2 files and when i read them i see that they are related. The thing that just escapes me is on how to combine those two for the next step. I burped every field and tried a lot but am missing a crucial step. I don’t know how to use the information i have right now. I think the amount of hosts with the netmask is far lower, but then?

I’m in exactly the same place as @CyberWizard , any pointers via PM without giving too much away will be much appreciated.

see if the site is hosting anything :wink:

I know a whole bunch about the box, but I’m missing the how of many. :frowning:

@spoppi said:
deanos: as already stated in this thread look at OWASP Top 10 and put both files in conjunction

PM me for additional help if you need

@stevejglover said:

@CyberWizard said:
Well,

I’m in exactly the same place as @CyberWizard , any pointers via PM without giving too much away will be much appreciated.

guess many people are the same. Can you guyz give more clue about steps after finding out the ip stuff?