Wall

Init HINT for dumb people like me who can’t find с*******:

1. First you need to find m*********
  2. to search for m********* you need to do the most common thing that can be done with d**b tool and at the same time not give him anything that is outside of his standard directory.

After that, pay all attention to the found m*********, but, as already said, you do not need brute force!

1. Then the question arises: what can be done other than brute-forcing?
  2. Here you need a hint about the teacher and verbs.
  3. however, this was not enough for me: note that sometimes a slash can be crucial
  4. after that you should look at what the server told you.
    I hope I haven’t suggested too much?

my nc is not getting anything >< darn exploit… help anyone ??

Type your comment> @Warlord711 said:

Can anyone who did not find the password by “guessing” but by brute forcing- contact me and tell me his/her way to approach ? I build a small script using curl to read cookies+token and use them for request but it fails all the time.

If you know the exploit you need to use, you can easily convert that into a brute force script, that’s how I did it (even after guessing it, I made the script anyway)

Anyone got his exploit to work after getting past “the wall” ? The first CVE, to get user
Edit: currently with my shell as www-data

ROOTED ,
pm me for hints

For those struggling with the correct payload to get a shell, remember bash can decode things in a certain base. Remove if it’s too much info xD

Hey guys !

Seems a lot of you have a some troubles with the machine ! well let me clarify two points:

1- you don’t need to perform any OSINT to solve the machine, all the required steps are existed in the machine itself.

2- you don’t need to “HARD guess” anything (passwords or paths) , you can find what you want easily in the common used wordlists.

I hope you guys enjoyed it or at least gained some new knowledge from it , and if you need any help just ping me :wink:

Cheers !

I have problems to make the payload work fine. It looks that everything is correct but I can’t get the reverse shell working… any hint for this? please PM and thanks in advance.

Anyone wanna team up for this box ?

@askar thx for the machine, I’m enjoying it very much, although or maybe even because I’m struggeling with the exploit right now.

Type your comment> @b3c0n said:

my nc is not getting anything >< darn exploit… help anyone ??

i am having the same issue

I see that some have gotten w**-d*** shell, but is the forbidden error in the c******* part of the game? In running the published exploit?

@Tohzzicklao said:

For those struggling with the correct payload to get a shell, remember bash can decode things in a certain base. Remove if it’s too much info xD

Hmmm, and that has to be carefully crafted, we don’t want a rm -rf / in there :wink:

@toka said:

for people struggling at getting initial shell, you have to modify your exploit code

1. check this box’s name, why it says “wall”?

I rooted with a command left by someone else, can you PM me what the box name has to do with it?

as a dum dum, im really not getting the VERB hint. Can someone PM me some help?

Type your comment> @xcyp3r said:

Anyone wanna team up for this box ?

I’m down. i’m a rookie and not getting some of the hints here.

Type your comment> @godzkid said:

anyone who has rooted it please pm me
i am struggling to get the correct payload to get reverse shell to get command execution
help me

how did you managed to get that script works ? im in c***** and the script doesnt works even for a single ping

Got root. box is very slow in free servers
user way is a strange. root way (easy) (www-data->root) match with one machine from OSCP lab.
PM for hints

any hints on how to upgrade from www to root?

I popped the box. R00T baby!