Jarvis

Finally rooted,

!!! → pls DON’T remove files that other users created, is pretty selfish and useless.

PM me if you need some hints (and write your current situation :wink: )

Working on root now, but I think everyone should know that the comments “recommending” getting a better shell is actually more of a requirement, at least as I was trying to progress.

I had unknowingly figured out how to get user a long time ago, but it didn’t actually work until I upgraded my shell.

EDIT: Rooted! Happy to help anyone who’s stuck. All I ask is that you send me what you’ve already done and where you’re stuck.

finally got the user 10x to @Yerdua95 that confirm the right path i was.
i failed with the syntax but learned a lot about linux privilege escalation.

need help ? PM

Can somebody PM with a nudge on syntax or something for the initial foothold at .?c*=*?

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be trying to catch a shell or serve a file from this point and I’ve been banging my head against it for two days.

EDIT: Got into an OS-shell, new things to bang my head against, thanks for the help ya’ll

Rooted! Big thanks to @hostilenode
@WhiteVoid and @ml19 for the initial hint!
My first “medium” dfficulty machine, cool experience!
Learned how to spawn fully interactive shell

Just finished, my first on the site :smile: Just a quick question.

I was wondering, at some point in the process I decided to use ssh (by setting a key), but after about 5 minutes connections reset and all the temporary files would be gone. But the system uptime did not reset.

It happened twice, then I fell back to just using a normal reverse shell, and it did not happen again. Is this some type of protection at HTB? Or was it just an unlucky consequent and someone pressed the reset button on the web ui?

Rooted, you can pm for nudge, privesc is much more simple than getting a shell

Rooted. I’ve struggled the most at foothold, after that enum to get a user. Some dolars might be needed 8). And enum to get a root (the easiest part).
Nice box, learned few things.
PM me for nudge :smile:

Rooted!!
Great Box. Thank You @manulqwerty & @Ghostpp7 for the awesome box…

User - You don’t have escape characters if you can execute scripts. if you know what i mean…
ROOT - tmp directory is not a good place when it come to services :wink:

Rooted. to next machine.

Straightforward box. Thanks to creators!

User: enum, dump, enum
Root: enum, you have all privileges

root@jarvis:~# echo " rooted by harshallakare" ; id ; hostname ; date
echo " rooted by harshallakare" ; id ; hostname ; date
rooted by harshallakare
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
jarvis
Thu Sep 12 02:25:22 EDT 2019
root@jarvis:~#

PM are welcome for hint.

Great box. Lightweight more for intermediates than pure beginners, but perfect progression for a study lab. Also there seems to be multiple routes to root this box. Some quick tips

FOOTHOLD:
Enumerate properly, don’t worry about ban hammer and thinks OWASP top 10.

USER:
Was hardest for me, lots of good tips on the first 9 pages of this thread. Basically read the code and think of ALL the ways to break out of the filter (not every single one is covered)

ROOT:
Eazy-peazy; basic enumeration and it shouldn’t take you more than five minutes, although I’ll admit that the name of the vulnerable binary threw me off, I had to check on my machine to make sure its not setup that way by default. GTFObins also helped

GL!

Good box. I learned some things about linux exploitation. I think there are multiples ways to root this box. Feel free to pm me if you need help !

finally ROOTED
thanks to great ppl that point me to the right way
there is few path to all.
to many reverse shells :slight_smile:

Anyone else having issues pinging the box? nmap scans get no response from the host. Tried resetting multiple times with no luck

Edit: nvm it was something up with the vpn

Could be possible that the S** I******** has been patched? I exploited it many times before today, now every time I get ban.

[Edit] It wasn’t real, I forget to pass an important flag to the tool.

Rooted!

Need help with pivoting. I found the file, but I’m having trouble with exploitation, please PM me

I don’t know what they are doing so that the machine does not work stop doing that if they need help ask for it and respect the files of others,

Really liked this box, PM for hints :wink: