1171819202123»

Comments

• Type your comment> @ktlcatr said:

I got user.txt and root.txt
    It's very instructive machine

can you give hint me ?
    i found vhd file

• @hackgineer said:
    finally got this one, with the help of the forum hinters ofcourse, so thank you all!!
    this was another great learning experience, with a few alternate solutions to go back and practice using tools on, so a big thanks to @L4mpje as well for making it!!

hint plz what after finding vhd file?

• Thanks @L4mpje, this was a nice box, certainly felt like a real world scenario.

Just to add it can be done with kali only, you don't need a windows host to help. You just need to find the right tool(s) to use at each point.

• hint root: The exploit for m*****g for me doesnt work, I took the hash and applied manual decrypt, only you have read and understand the code in python
    let me PM if you stuck

• Type your comment> @ktlcatr said:

I got user.txt and root.txt
    It's very instructive machine

hint plz after listing all installed program in vhd> @JolIg0n said:

I have got the user and I can connect to the machine and see the vulnerable application, I have found how to exploit that vulnerability but to run the exploit I need a session in meterpreter and this is where I am giving problems, from msfconsole if I convert the one I do with the ssh does not convert and I do not know what to do anymore, if I upload a back door to execute it from the session ssh does not connect me either, someone who can send me a private please do not know what I do not do well
    I also got the ruby file and I copied the file to my computer but it gives me an error when I pass the ruby command

can you tell me vulnerable application in PM?

• Type your comment> @Kwicster said:

Just rooted. Running this root in a Windows VM or machine makes it pretty straightforward. Not actually sure if there is a way from a Linux box. No cracking needed fyi

I mount vhd file and list all installed programs can you u give me next hint ? SA* file matter ?

• 666 replies

nice...

/ __| | | | '_ ` _ \ 
    | (__| |_| | | | | | |
     \___|\__,_|_| |_| |_|

Hack The Box

• finally got root after a couple of rabbit holes. learned a lot doing this all in Kali. I'm curious to know if there was another way to get root. I really thought 1 of the rabbit holes was promising.

Can anyone PM if they know?

• Type your comment> @Blu3wolf said:

Type your comment> @dajukeboxhero said:

I am at a complete loss. I have access to the file i need to decrypt to get the admin info. i can see what i need to decrypt but the process is horrible. I've spend two full days trying different things and i can't get it to work. can somebody please help push me to the right direction because i've downloaded the program but it won't let me switch the files out and i have no way to decrypt it on kali even though i've been trying. any help would be appreciated.

if you using Kali there 2 tools that can help you:
    1. Ha** ID
    2. J*** The R*****
    check your syntax maybe you got it wrong.
    in that Note Thanks to @L4mpje for great machine i learn some new stuff.
    it wasnt easy but after you understand it you will laugh how easy things can be !
    the answer for start attacking just in front of you after Nmap just read the all resaults !
    syntax syntax and again syntax......
    google + reading resualts will make your life easier !
    User : i got some help with the syntax and got it.

Root : with the user you can see a lot just basic windows programs nothing else . (Hint)

if you got stuck PM i will help.

which basic program? SA*??

• which basic program? SA*??

is it basic program SA* ? its file.....the answer is inside the quote just take a step back and read it.....

• unable to locate package libguestfs-tools . error need help in Bastion Machine

• Got root

User through windows, just because it's easy to mount .***

No windows needed for root

• Guys, After finding c*******.X** file, what's next?
    I have tried two scripts, but no luck!!!
    Any nudge will be highly appreciated!

• edited September 2019

I'm having script issues and getting a MAC error. I think I know what I am missing but I am receiving connection errors from the server.

• Achieved root without using the script. Would appreciate any assistance on what caused the MAC error though.
  • Can anyone give me a hint about user about pass lenght, I'm cracking the password and already at 12 letters. Am I doing something wrong?

• Finally done with it. Rooted in Parrot Sec . Lost a lot of time not using s** . And had to learn how to search in CMD.

• Rooted! Really awesome box, and first attempt at Windows box. feel free to pm if you need a nudge!

• great Box!! Learned allot. i was able to get user and root 100% using linux. never had to spin up a windows VM.

• I have mounted those files in linux machine but can't find user.txt in the Desktop. Please help me

azeroth

• This box is awesome and amazing, learned lot of things about mounting remote drive to local filesystem.

N3v3r Giv3Up, 3v3ry th!ng !s p0ss!ble .

• @Azeroth, you won't find it there. There is another couple of steps before you get there.

Hack The Box
    Follow me on Twitter: @C_3PJoe

• Scored root on Bastion. If anyone needs a nudge, PM me.

Hint: Enumerate, Enumerate, enumerate.

See which users are on the box, what is installed, and what is running. Go snooping from here.

Hack The Box
    Follow me on Twitter: @C_3PJoe

• edited September 2019

This box has been more entertaining than I thought, thx so much @L4mpje

• User hint: A proper enumeration should lead you to the right "path", but sometimes you can take the path

• Root hint: Google is your best friend in these cases, being a simple box you don't have to get dizzy

PM me in case you need some hints, GL&HF everyone !

• This was my first box but damn it was fun and heist is hard imo.

• User and Root get!

Good variety of skills needed, the box is not overly complicated

user: enumerate and explore, if you don't know what to do ask google what it possible
    root: good enumeration will get you the flag really fast, look for something unusual and again google about it

pm me if you need help

keresh

Sign In to comment.