Help needed to learn about tools to crack password for zip, jpeg, pdf

Hi all, I am Newbie and I am aware of like few tools to do the stuffs like breaking passowrds to .zip, .pdf, .jpeg and .mp3 as well.

What ever I used for my previous CTFs, mostly not working here, I like to know some of the tools or methods to break passwords for zip, pdf, mp3’s

I got stuck in one of the box for 10days around not kowing to break password for zip, I used zipjohn, but it got failed

Hope this will be useful for other new learners as well.

Thanks in advance

For zip this is another alternative:

Also you can always use hashcat for any type of hash!

fcrackzip is, in my experience at least, by far the best tool for cracking zip files. I’ve always had issues with zip2john. Additionally, there’s no way to “set a password” to jpegs or mp3’s. You could encrypt them and set an encryption key using a third party tool, but there is no inherit, built-in way of password protecting an image or audio file like there is for zips and pdfs.

Type your comment> @kindred said:

fcrackzip is, in my experience at least, by far the best tool for cracking zip files. I’ve always had issues with zip2john. Additionally, there’s no way to “set a password” to jpegs or mp3’s. You could encrypt them and set an encryption key using a third party tool, but there is no inherit, built-in way of password protecting an image or audio file like there is for zips and pdfs.

Thanks mate

@kindred said:

Thanks Kindred

For PDF: I made a Python script which uses PyPDF2 library: GitHub - artikrh/pdf-tool: A tool which offers PDF file encryption in command line and brute forcing them using a local wordlist.

Example usage:
$ python pdf-tool.py -d file.pdf -w /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt

Type your comment> @artikrh said:

For PDF: I made a Python script which uses PyPDF2 library: GitHub - artikrh/pdf-tool: A tool which offers PDF file encryption in command line and brute forcing them using a local wordlist.

Example usage:
$ python pdf-tool.py -d file.pdf -w /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt

cool, thanks for the github link as well bro, have a nice day