Heist

Finally rooted!

Thanks for those who helped.

Hint for root : process is the key!

Managed to get system, finally!
For system you’ll need to examine a certain process.

Can someone help me for root. I am so close but this machine is killing me.

Edit: Rooted. Pr****mp.**e was right but that’s all you needed. Man, I love string cheese.

Stuck on root, trying to manage the k**y4.*b, but I think it’s a rabbit hole. Any hint?

Type your comment> @ivnnn1 said:

Stuck on root, trying to manage the k**y4.*b, but I think it’s a rabbit hole. Any hint?

Ditto stuck on Root can’t seem to see the process?

Hello UCLogical,

What password Dcitonary are you using for those three passwords ? and i have decrypted two but other i could not.

@athick31
@marlasthemage left a really solid hint for this a few pages back in this thread…

@ori0nx3 … thank you got it

Could someone DM me with a nudge towards root? connected as the user looking at f****** processes

Type your comment> @ivnnn1 said:

Seek to see the process in action.

Rooted.

Good box, learned so much. Moreover, it is an interesting way to get a box.

Hint for users:

• There is already what you need on this forum.

Hints for root:

• Once you found the process to use to get what you want. Maybe ask yourself where are stored the information you seek while this process is running :slight_smile:
  • Beware of the flags you use if you use the most common tool for that.
    Maybe there is another way to go, but here are my hints.

I hope it helps, glhf !

hello everyone :slight_smile: working on root now. i think i understand at what process i should looking, but i can’t find file k**4.d under usual location. Can somebody help me?

nvm, I was blind, found it. Now trying to do something with it

okay, I am stuck on it :slight_smile: is where any way to copy files from heist machine to my kali and vise versa?

Hello, i am currently getting lots of NT_STATUS_DISCONNECTED or TIMEOUT when trying to enum S**ct and r***t. any help would be appreciated

EDIT: (Got it, Thanks for the help)

Type your comment> @Raven37 said:

hello everyone :slight_smile: working on root now. i think i understand at what process i should looking, but i can’t find file k**4.d under usual location. Can somebody help me?

okay, I am stuck on it :slight_smile: is where any way to copy files from heist machine to my kali and vise versa?

Did you able to root?, am stuck on same step got k**.d* but what next? reading article , it mentioned it required log**.j** to decrypt? Am i on the wrong path?

im stuck with the username, i tried all in sb and w***r, little hint in pm, thanks

@MarsG no. i agree, maybe *.db is a wrong path

Spoiler Removed

i can’t decrypt secret hash… plz someone hint me

Type your comment> @azeroth said:

i can’t decrypt secret hash… plz someone hint me

Use hashcat - no rules - rocking list - crack in less than a minute

@Raven37 said:

I used pscp:

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

1. Create a cmd session (upload nc to victim, reveres to attacking box)
  2. Upload pscp, and use it like you would scp