Craft

can someone throw me a hint on the RCE syntax for the initial foothold? Iā€™m able to authenticate and verify that I can create new entries. Iā€™ve even setup a local script to make sure my syntax was right and that an rshell inside the e*l function works locally but whenever I try to apply it to the box I either get that my abv is too high or an unhandled exception.

Iā€™ve tried doing it through c**l, b*p and a py script none work and iā€™m beginning to lose my mind -_-ā€™

@laszlo said:

Where the application stores data ? What binary is not available inside the docker ? Please check settings.py :wink:

autschā€¦ this is my third machine, but with each one I get more and more the impression that the most important thing is to go through every file (shell) and page (web) very closelyā€¦

so far most things have been just right in front of me

@laszlo said:

Donā€™t overthink!

My head is slowly approaching the size of an big pumpkin, pivoting around in the dā€¦-cā€¦

@kievcast said:

Iā€™ve tried doing it through c**l, b*p and a py script none work and iā€™m beginning to lose my mind -_-ā€™

I hate when that happens.

Before you doā€¦ lately I got the impression that on the free vpn nodes is too much traffic, changed to VIP and my exploit worked.

user pwned

edit: rooted

Rooted.

Tnx to @gorg and @S7uXN37 for there help.

Base

--> Read the API code and enumerate everything especially the git log.

Shell

--> Use the data collected from the previous enumeration and craft a payload for a shell (try searching for Pyhton vulnerabilities).

User

--> More enumeration this time using a running service.

Root

--> Documentations will aide you.

Have a nice hack

Just rooted the box :smiley: User was a very nice ride, as for root it was just a read through the documentation of a service, much easier. If you are stuck feel free to PM me with your current progress for hints

Finally! That. Was. Awesome! Thanks, folks, for every hint you left. Still cannot believe that Iā€™ve lost so much time moving in the wrong direction, but anyway it gave me the knowledge how to obtain root later

User

No need to brute. No need to escape. You can get all prerequisites just from the source code.
It might be easier to get shell if you set up app locally and hack it a bit to bypass t*** validation (Hint: You cannot compare NoneType and int)
Then you may suffer with a minimalistic editor (which was funny though) or get yourself a proper shell.
Once youā€™ve got all c***, youā€™re in ten minutes to user.

Root

Itā€™s easier than it seems to be. Just study infrastructure.

btw, does anyone know why hydra returns false positives for g*** along with the correct results?

Rooted. Extraordinary box with real-world experience. Thereā€™s so much fun in this process. User is much harder than root in my opinion. Feel free to PM if you need a nudge.

Rooted. That box is awesome.

if anyone could pm me some help with the e*** payload it would be much appreciated i cant seem get past ā€œAn unhandled exception occurred.ā€

Rooted, thanks for the nudges. Total brainfart for me. stuck hours on a typo, but that speeded up the few minutes to root after user :slight_smile:

Rooted,
What an awesome box. Made super fun. Took me 2 days for the user though.
Root was fairly simple in comparison.
Read what you have and look it up

i have root permissions but i canā€™t see the user - flag and root - flag! What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Rooted! Very nice box and I managed to do it without any help. The hints in this forum were enough to get me through. My RCE was a bit of a cludge as I didnā€™t know the language but it worked eventually.

what a nice box. finally rooted :slight_smile:

feel free to pm me at telegam @kod0kk for any nudge/hint

rooted ! clearly itā€™s my new favorite box ! A biiig thanks to the owner !!

rooted. Stuck on root due to somebody who got root before on this instance changed permissions (again!!! - I must take a habit reboot instance if stuck %) . Rebooted and got root. Hint from @tomteng helped realize that I get lost again %)

HI, Need a hint here ā€¦ I am stuck in the jail. I got a reverse shell using the script and creds. Am in the d****** . I can enumerate the database but only retrieve one user which is the creds from before. Have found db creds but they donā€™t work on anything (except accessing the db with a script) There is one other pass which I have used with other users but nothing. Canā€™t find any hidden keys. If i go out and use original script with creds i donā€™t get t**** or connection.

Finally rooted, It was tough for me, but learned many things. for any hint I can help, PM if you need any help

@chiefgreek said:

HI, Need a hint here ā€¦ I am stuck in the jail. I got a reverse shell using the script and creds. Am in the d****** . I can enumerate the database but only retrieve one user which is the creds from before.

Hi, in the jail youā€™ll have to find a way to reveal other usersā€™ creds besides d****h. Read the Python code, itā€™s a bit tricky. Youā€™ll have to modify one line in the script to retrieve additional data from the DB. Youā€™ll need somebody elseā€™s creds in order to step ahead.