Networked

Confused on user. Please PM with nudge. Can upload but not that what I want to.

OK got root but it was pure luck and not really sure why it worked. If anyone can explain the exact reason for the privesc I would greatly appreciated. DM or discord, thanks.

I’m pretty stuck on root if someone could PM me for advice. I feel stupid, but i’ve tried all the “simple” stuff.

Found up****.php , Give further hint

rooted!

initial access: you need to fool the server…
user : take a look at source… and just try run… trial and error…
root : simple… see what you can do in the server…

pm me for help…

Rooted: Ezclap

Type your comment> @DeDeReporter said:

Ok. Rooted. But can someone explain me why script line

e**o $**r=$*

EXECUTING command included in $*?
i will appreciate some explanation on DM. I dont like rooting machines without fully understanding what happens.
Thanks in advance

the ifup executing command, not echo

rooted thanks to @D8ll0 and @Tohzzicklao

Rooted, pm for hints

Type your comment> @gk4u said:

Type your comment> @DeDeReporter said:

Ok. Rooted. But can someone explain me why script line

e**o $**r=$*

EXECUTING command included in $*?
i will appreciate some explanation on DM. I dont like rooting machines without fully understanding what happens.
Thanks in advance

the ifup executing command, not echo

I’ve rooted the box but had the same doubt as @DeDeReporter …It would be great if you can share some reference link in private message.

hello guys,

i tried everything to get the root with no luck, with very basic enu.
please PM for helpfull hints

edit: rooted, it difficult to know or guess it work like that.

I got root, With just luck.
It did already happened with one or two boxes on HTB earlier.
Can any one explain, How and Why this works?

Can someone DM me regarding the c****_a***** php file. I can see mostly what it’s doing - but not sure how to manipulate it.

Thanks.

ROOTED!

I really enjoyed this box! Nice techniques and I learned a lot! The user part was more difficult than root but I loved the privesc both user and root

• Foothold: you just have to upload something well crafted
  • User: not so easy to me, try to understand what php files do and which function you can exploit
  • Root: quite easy, first you have to understand what your user can execute and then exploit it

I hope this doesn’t spoiler too much, otherwise feel free to remove my comment.

PM me if you need hints

After a bunch of research, i finally found out why/how the root-privesc works. If you rooted the box and don’t know why, feel free to PM me, i will send you the link.

(same goes if you got spoiled the user-privesc and didn’t understand it)

got root pretty fast… in the first 10 attempts of test inputs , i will try later to study it in detail

Rooted! Fun box, and the first box I was able to root without even visiting the forum for hints.
The very last part took a bit of creativity though.

If you need a hint you’re welcome to PM me.

EDIT: After reading this thread, I apparently got root in a roundabout way, involving “some other way to write an IP”.

I’m at a loss on the root.

Got the user quickly but root has me stumped.

I know the file I need to use but I can’t see what I need to enter to escape.

Any hint over DM would be appreciated

EDIT: bit of sleep and a fresh look over and i cracked it. Good box! learnt a few things on the way to root

Rooted ! The problem here is the overthinking. Keep it simple

If anyone need a nudge just ping me

rooted.
For root, 1) basic check for your given privilege, 2) read a script, 3) try several things with the script and see the error message.