Networked

Why do I always struggle with the seemingly easy stuff.
4 hours in and not even a shell. sigh

This is pathetic.

What’s up with some of the poor reviews on this? It was really straightforward and simple – I actually really liked it a lot. Thank you for the box, @guly.

Hints…

User:

Enumerate the web service. Check out different web directories to get back what you need. What’s already listed here in the forum should be enough.

Root:

Standard linux enumeration scripts should reveal it immediately. Take advantage by using some random words/strings to "test"and you’ll get where you need to be in no time.

anyone had a session through jenkins? came up and lost it before i had a chance to dig deeper. im a total newb and sorry if i’ve broken any rules.

ROOTED:
i even did not believe that i’ve got root shell what the hack !!

Hints
User: focus on php functions
Root: a very basic enumeration

PM me for hints

really straightforward machine once you turn your brain off.

got user thanks to some help from a few people, root was fairly easy.

I think I know what I need to do to get initial access, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Can someone DM me for a nudge?

Type your comment> @x41 said:

This is pathetic.

You are not the only one. I don’t know why people say that it’s easy or straightforward but having never done or heard about this before it certainly wasn’t for me. I was able to get a shell after a lot of headache so feel free to pm me if you need a nudge in the right direction

Rooted. Funny one.

Got root, but conflicted about the command used. I can’t really find any decent info about this particular use of the command in question. Appreciate any links to my PM. Enjoyed the box!

Thanks @guly for a beautiful and simple machine
Your Unattended was an incredibly cool machine, this CTF is more easy, but also very interesting

Need a nudge for the user. I do have a shell up but I need priv esc. Please help! Thanks!

Awesome box!

[root@networked ~]# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Finally! Rooted. Learned some stuff. Thanks @guly for the box. DM if you need a any nudge…

Struggling with root, found the file but unable to do anything with it. Can anyone PM me please?

Edit: rooted, me been stupid. PM if you need help

Type your comment> @wawrzeniec said:

Type your comment> @x41 said:

This is pathetic.

You are not the only one. I don’t know why people say that it’s easy or straightforward but having never done or heard about this before it certainly wasn’t for me. I was able to get a shell after a lot of headache so feel free to pm me if you need a nudge in the right direction

I’ll ask you if I can’t get it after the next 4 hours. :smiley:
I haven’t exhausted my possibilities. So I’ll try harder.

I got root.txt. It’s very instructive machine
Thanks to @4LPH4X and @GChester

User took me too long too crack, i started to hate PHP lol, but very good Box. Root is pretty much very very simple.

Hint for root: don’t think too much, just do basic enum and try basic commands :relaxed:

Thanks to the people who helped me for user :wink:

Finished up the box. Interesting box. Not totally understanding the root portion totally. Liked to compare solutions with anyone else, see if we got root the same way.

@PanamaEd117 - just got root.

i was confused too, afterwards. to help it make a bit of sense, think about how what you entered got put into a file somewhere. Then, on any box, try entering that same kind of thing as an experiment. Think about what isn’t happening properly.