This is as useful as “use your keyboard”… lol

Type your comment> @Fugl said:

Type your comment> @v1p3r0u5 said:

Hint for root:

• Enum
  • Try & Error

This is as useful as “use your keyboard”… lol

Hehe… Somehow yes :wink:
Anything more would be a spoiler… You know what I mean as soon as you “executed” it for the first time :wink: Feel free to PM me for some hint :slight_smile:

Got a shell but don’t know how to pivot from here.

The user part was fun, especially in how a Linux i**ge manipulation tool can be used to get the initial shell.

However the box may become unstable on free servers

Rooted.

I enjoyed, learned some stuff :smile:

Rooted, ctf-y but fun.

Tip for user

• please don’t leave the answer lying around.

Tip for root

• use your keyboard

i continue to struggle with privesc no matter the OS… i got the initial shell relatively easy… but when i comes to building from there… i always get lost. I use all the enum scripts their is, but i never seem to put things together once inside. Can some1 let me in on their process of attacking boxes, and share their goto’s? please and thank you!

Okay so I found what I need to use to PE to root. Not sure what I’m supposed to do with the c*********.** file. I’ve read about how the NM files are configured but so far can’t come up with anything. A nudge would be appreciated.

so i have an initial shell since morning but i can’t read user.txt. I tried a few things related to ssh but no luck. Any nudge?

Type your comment> @slimz28 said:

Okay so I found what I need to use to PE to root. Not sure what I’m supposed to do with the c*********.** file. I’ve read about how the NM files are configured but so far can’t come up with anything. A nudge would be appreciated.

same boat…

okay, so there is something with che***_***. file. but i don’t now how to use that to get priv shell from web shell.

Type your comment> @plusX said:

okay, so there is something with che***_***. file. but i don’t now how to use that to get priv shell from web shell.

Its a file that makes the user know what’s wrong if you look closely

rooted, good linux box, i don’t know why some ppl saying it’s CTF-LIKE

Type your comment> @plusX said:

so i have an initial shell since morning but i can’t read user.txt. I tried a few things related to ssh but no luck. Any nudge?

Man, Any hints on how to get this initial shell?

I am following something but looks like a dead end.

@nuxmorpheus01 after your initial enumeration you will find some interesting pages, from there you just have to get your shell onto the server, one of the most trivial ones there is

Pretty straightforward box ! Not CTF-like at all.

PM me if needed

Type your comment> @monkeybeard said:

@nuxmorpheus01 after your initial enumeration you will find some interesting pages, from there you just have to get your shell onto the server, one of the most trivial ones there is

I have found the pages. I tried to use curl to upload my shell. No success.

Maybe the path I am following is correct but I am failling in the execution?

Rooted, BUT:
Got root by simply trying things. Triggered what I wanted, but I dont understand what’s going on in the backstage for that to work. If anyone got root and knows WHY it works this way, pleaze PM!

People are just resetting the box, trolling other people’s files and abusing root priviledges lol

It’s hard to enum anything when my shell keeps getting killed by other people :L… Anyways stuck at the initial shell found the user.txt but no permissions. Could use a nudge from someone smart.