Networked

This box is so slow

think this box is getting trolled big time. Keeps getting reset. u may want to save for another day. Making it rough right now.

Managed to get a shell as A***** but struggling to escalate to other user. Any nudges would be hugely appreciated.

Weird, I got a shell in one way, the box reset, and I can no longer get a shell using the said method :confused:

What on EARTH is going on for root on this box?!

Rooted :slight_smile:

Hint for user:

• Enum and read
  • use it
  • read again
  • same same but different

Hint for root:

• Enum
  • Try & Error

Type your comment> @v1p3r0u5 said:

Hint for root:

• Enum
  • Try & Error

This is as useful as “use your keyboard”… lol

Type your comment> @Fugl said:

Type your comment> @v1p3r0u5 said:

Hint for root:

• Enum
  • Try & Error

This is as useful as “use your keyboard”… lol

Hehe… Somehow yes :wink:
Anything more would be a spoiler… You know what I mean as soon as you “executed” it for the first time :wink: Feel free to PM me for some hint :slight_smile:

Got a shell but don’t know how to pivot from here.

The user part was fun, especially in how a Linux i**ge manipulation tool can be used to get the initial shell.

However the box may become unstable on free servers

Rooted.

I enjoyed, learned some stuff :smile:

Rooted, ctf-y but fun.

Tip for user

• please don’t leave the answer lying around.

Tip for root

• use your keyboard

i continue to struggle with privesc no matter the OS… i got the initial shell relatively easy… but when i comes to building from there… i always get lost. I use all the enum scripts their is, but i never seem to put things together once inside. Can some1 let me in on their process of attacking boxes, and share their goto’s? please and thank you!

Okay so I found what I need to use to PE to root. Not sure what I’m supposed to do with the c*********.** file. I’ve read about how the NM files are configured but so far can’t come up with anything. A nudge would be appreciated.

so i have an initial shell since morning but i can’t read user.txt. I tried a few things related to ssh but no luck. Any nudge?

Type your comment> @slimz28 said:

Okay so I found what I need to use to PE to root. Not sure what I’m supposed to do with the c*********.** file. I’ve read about how the NM files are configured but so far can’t come up with anything. A nudge would be appreciated.

same boat…

okay, so there is something with che***_***. file. but i don’t now how to use that to get priv shell from web shell.

Type your comment> @plusX said:

okay, so there is something with che***_***. file. but i don’t now how to use that to get priv shell from web shell.

Its a file that makes the user know what’s wrong if you look closely

rooted, good linux box, i don’t know why some ppl saying it’s CTF-LIKE

Type your comment> @plusX said:

so i have an initial shell since morning but i can’t read user.txt. I tried a few things related to ssh but no luck. Any nudge?

Man, Any hints on how to get this initial shell?

I am following something but looks like a dead end.