Writeup

Hey guys,

I really need help with root over here.

I used ps*y and I know how to add PATH and so but i’m stuck.

Please PM me

For the exploit for user, should I be using the /w****** or the /w******/a**** path?

Hey guys - can anyone PM a nudge, regarding the services, I have been analysing processes with pspy and have tried to Privsec using path hijacking but have been unsuccessful. Thanks!

Type your comment> @doates12 said:

For the exploit for user, should I be using the /w****** or the /w******/a**** path?

Focus on the /w****** path - find a tool that can help identify what the website is running (databases, language written in… etc…) then find which one of the services are vulnerable

Seriously… follow the path… finally rooted it

This machine is currently listed as both active AND retired… I’m new, is this normal? I thought it must be transitioning…

Edit: It’s no longer on the retired list…

I found the /w****** and also the /a**** one. Also used war and found a the C ma Sim but i’m stuck trying to go further on this part. Could someone PM and help me with this.

That was a nice little box. Cool idea for root.
Tip for root: don’t try the same thing again and again (as I did). Try different things and something should work at the end.

Hey guys,
still need help with root,
Please PM me if you can help.

hi, I am banging my head against the wall for user script…can anyone PM me please?

edit:nevermind, discovered it was a URL path issue…user achieved. moving to root.

just owned root, good box

Wasted a long time on root trying to establish a reverse shell, however just using cat on the root.txt file works too I guess. Still not sure why my reverse shell wouldn’t execute…

Hello everyone,
stuck on getting root flag. privilege escalation. could use some help please.

My exploit keeps timing out. The S** I***** exploit.

Anyone encounter this and know a way around it?

Nevermind, I was in the wrong directory.

edit: okay yeah but it’s also timing out when i tried it again.

Now trying to get root, totally out of ideas on how to do the PATH thing. I have a rough idea of how to priv esc, but I’m totally stumped on how to do it. Yes I’ve looked at the processes.

Guys,

Hint for ROOT:

If you are using VIP server, switch for the free one.
In the free server, there is traffic that in VIP server you most likely won’t see.

After switching to the free server, try to see what happens after other users logged in .

PM me if you need more help.

Need help with root!! Got no clue what to do? I am monitoring pspy ssh logs path but no sure what to do about it.
Anyone up for help here?

this priv escalation is gonna make me smack my head on the desk. I for sure found the directory I can write too, and I see what happens with a netconn. Just gonna take a break for now.

@TheRealHooz
Mee too stuck there. got the directory but ■■■■ nothing working. I am already banging my head