Speed up VM

Watching IPPSecs videos, everything always runs super quick for him like the machines are on a local network for him.

How does he get it at this speed? Is this just his internet connection?

For instance his gobuster will be at 20% when mine is hitting 8% running same threads.

Also interested in this, do you just have very powerful hardware? @ippsec

I wonder if it is something to do with processors… I’ve upped my ram to 4gb… don’t know whether to up it again to 6-8gb ram. Not sure if that would make much difference.

I have a 16gb ram 8 core laptop so I can dedicate more to it but would prefer to know what improves the performance before playing with it.

Running with oc ryzen 2600x , 32 gb ram with kali as main OS and i’m not faster than ippsec. My internet is 1gbs bandiwth. Idk what’s going on

I’m thinking that because IPPSec is their trusted walkthrough provider that he gets a better VPN with higher allocated bandwidth.

Or the VIP servers are not as busy as the free ones

I am vip and nowhere near as fast as IPPSec.

Maybe because IPPSec is in UK that’s why his latency is close to non-existent?

I always have the feeling, that the walktrough is recorded and audio is edited in later. Not sure, maybe we will know the secret one day :smile:

I don’t think so @SaThaRiel74 because IPPSec has made mistakes in videos before and the way he talks when he makes that mistake it’s like it is actually happening. Or else he would be like “here I made this mistake, blah blah blah”. Instead he’s like “Wait, that can’t be right… oh!!! Blah blah blah”

Quite confused by your question really…
U start this discussion with the title to speed up vm but instead commenting about the internet speed ??

Type your comment> @Impulse said:

Quite confused by your question really…
U start this discussion with the title to speed up vm but instead commenting about the internet speed ??

You’re confused about my question?
If you read my question you would have noticed me ask if it was just because of his internet connection.

So I’m asking is it possible to speed up my vm or does it all come down to internet speed or latency.

Thanks for your comment.