Im a Noob And i could use a little help

Type your comment> @Un1k0d3r said:

Hello, Welcome to HTB.

IMHO you should Google/ YouTube it for generic help regarding “How to do stuff in HTB”. There is a section called “Tutorials” in HTB Forums; may help you further.
Google/ YouTube similar machine/ challenge writeups and try to find a way to hack into your new machine.
Get a V.I.P Membership if possible. This will give you access to retired machines comes with official writeups.

Keep in mind: Do not go for unofficial active challenge writeups published online, this may give you solutions but you will never be able to become a security-pro in real life.

Good luck!

I agree with this plus my observation would be there are many ‘puzzles’ here that are not so much to do with pentesting / hacking as solving the puzzle whilst I got a few flags I decided to take a step back from HTB (will almost certainly come back for a paid membership but I am going down the route of vulnerable VM’s with walkthroughs. seeing how far I get before I am stuck then getting a tip from the walkthrough and carrying on.

I think I will get more from a paid membership here that way.

try vulnhub.com

just my 2p worth.

also I am not sure about the reliability on the free boxes here, obviously cant comment on the paid ones