Valentine

Patience…

Can’t find the username for ssh :frowning:

Nevermind just found it :smiley:

Did you guys have to format the key before using? Or did you use it in the format as it was found? I formatted it once by removing whitespaces and new lines and it successfully worked, but unable to reproduce the formatting. The key is not working if I use it in the format it was found.

@swatcat91 sounds like you have a plan

So i got passed user flag, but see no way to root… I love learning, but have no idea were to look on this one. I have enum, ran a few exploits that just crashed, and some that just didn’t work. I think i have sudo power but no pass for the user. if someone can point me in the right direction I’m sure i can find the answer.

@Magavolt said:
@swatcat91 sounds like you have a plan

I really cant figure out what I am doing wrong. Removing whitespaces and new lines from the key is not working for me. I know the key is broken and needs some formatting because when I try to use ssh in verbose mode or even ssh2john(just to check if the key is in correct format), it gives me error. @Magavolt How did you do it ?

@swatcat91 I can not give you the answer. However, you are on the right track. If you know something isn’t right use google, play with the files, create your own, and find a way to make it right. If you google and read about the format it is in the answer with slap you in the face.

Got Root! seems i missed it, but after finding a hint in the box, i was pointed to the right direction.

@marktucks said:
Patience…

Let’s try to keep these forums constructive.

@Magavolt said:
Got Root! seems i missed it, but after finding a hint in the box, i was pointed to the right direction.

Hey I just got root but I’m a bit confused on where the hint was supposed to be. I got my hint because of leftovers :confused:

@NINGEN It was in the enum… I just keep looking over it and didn’t think about searching the google for other exploits. Also, there is a few times someone hints to it here on this thread.

@Magavolt said:
@NINGEN It was in the enum… I just keep looking over it and didn’t think about searching the google for other exploits. Also, there is a few times someone hints to it here on this thread.

Found the hint from the enum on a second viewing. Definitely easy to miss. Thanks!

@MisterR said:
suggestion → use the python exploit and use grep to filter the junk out :wink: may need to run it a few times before you get the goods

I got encypted key and intended data. And encoder and decoder as well. I couldn’t format the junk data. Can you help me here?

can some one pm with a hint about the username i am sure its something obvious

Enumerated the Box and found the user name, but struggling to find the data gathered from exploit usable or maybe I am looking for the information within the dump in the wrong format

Any hints for priv esc, ran an enum script but not sure where to look :confused: nothing jumping out at me

@rmkreborn said:

@MisterR said:
suggestion → use the python exploit and use grep to filter the junk out :wink: may need to run it a few times before you get the goods

I got encypted key and intended data. And encoder and decoder as well. I couldn’t format the junk data. Can you help me here?

Use something you already found to convert the junk data into something meaningful. If you believe the junk data is really junk, then run the exploit again and see if you get any other result and then repeat the process to uncover the meaningful data

Any hints on the passphrase? stuck for days…:frowning:

Is the phrase in clear text or is it encoded/encrypted? Can’t find it! FML

no clue… xd

this might help someone … think of threads …