[OSINT] Easy Phish

Hello everyone, found the first part of the flag. any suggestions for the second part?

EDIT: Found second part. Nice challenge. I learned so many things

Type your comment> @nemen said:

Hello everyone, found the first part of the flag. any suggestions for the second part?

i have second part but cant locate the first part, any hint pleas pm.

I got the first half but don’t really understand why I got it – does anyone have any hints for the second part of the challenge?

I got up to HTB{xxx_xxx_ any help solving 2nd part?? :smile:

Edit: Done. I overlooked the 2nd part. This looks ■■■■ easy after solving.

@salute101 said:
Type your comment> @nemen said:

i have second part but cant locate the first part, any hint pleas pm.

still looking for first part?

The crispest of high-fives to anyone that can give me a hint to the 2nd part of the flag.

@Gimik said:
The crispest of high-fives to anyone that can give me a hint to the 2nd part of the flag.

Disregard - I found it.

Type your comment> @Un1k0d3r said:

Read the challenge description properly, there are ways to prevent phishing attacks.

Can someone help me for 2nd part please?
Edit:- It’s done

I’m also in a similar scenario. The 2nd part is throwing me off. It’s probably something right in front of me lol.

Type your comment> @device said:

Type your comment> @Un1k0d3r said:

Read the challenge description properly, there are ways to prevent phishing attacks.

thanks done now.

Hey,

I am getting quite a few PMs about this challenge which is good but to benefit others taking the challenge please keep any questions within this thread.

Small hint: how can one check an MX domain?

Type your comment> @Wolfstorm said:

Hey,

I am getting quite a few PMs about this challenge which is good but to benefit others taking the challenge please keep any questions within this thread.

Is this in reference to the first or second piece? I think some of the hints have people going in circles on the second piece between people suggesting tools vs research.

EDIT: Got it. Can be solved with tools and not with open source research.

Type your comment> @pingpong said:

Type your comment> @Wolfstorm said:

Hey,

Is this in reference to the first or second piece? I think some of the hints have people going in circles on the second piece between people suggesting tools vs research.

EDIT: Got it. Can be solved with tools and not with open source research.

Good job :wink:

i cant find the second half… been working 10 h to find it and i cant

Looking for tips here. Ran dig, nslookup. Found some info, but not sure what do to with it. Any articles to bring this together?

Type your comment> @Place1111 said:

Type your comment> @bitL8ByteShort said:

Any tips on what tool to use/start with for this? Nothing I’ve been doing has produced anything useful.

Dig or nslookup and google

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! The first half I found right away but I must of overlooked the 2nd half of flag dozens and dozens of times ??‍♂️. Got it though!

Stucked with the 2 part!!!

For those that are having issues with this, I have a few hints. You are able to do everything you need to using simple tools like dig as others have mentioned.

Think about what dig is used for and the challenge which involves phishing. What can be used in these types of records? PM me on Discord if you get stuck, sleemoslimz#6438.

Type your comment> @HKMI said:

Stucked with the 2 part!!!

Think about what you have found; it gives you a hint of what to look for for the second part of the flag. Don’t overthink, just google it!!! And then DIG it! XD