Rope

Not sure why this comment is considered a spoiler. It was a tip to make people not waste hours on an issue that shouldn’t happen. People will encounter it if they do the method requiring a more complex payload using pwn tools’ help (is this still a spoiler now?). Even the creator said that it should work, but then he told me to just try an easier way. The easier way, in turn, did work with my normal method. Originally, I thought the program was designed in a way to bug a feature of pwn tools, but I guess not in the end.

Just started working on the box and found binary. Is there source available somewhere or rather we need to rev?

Might be missing something obvious but how am I meant to connect to the high port?

Type your comment> @m4rc1n said:

Just started working on the box and found binary. Is there source available somewhere or rather we need to rev?

You’re going to be doing a lot of reversing

Type your comment> @D4nch3n said:

Type your comment> @m9rcin said:

You’re going to be doing a lot of reversing

thanx

I have find one vuln but the problem is that we need to get its output in order to exploit it and all the methods that I have tried to get it failed. Is there another way?

Still trying to find a vuln…

Haven’t gotten a single segfault yet >.<

Anyone found a fast method for the last stage? It’s way too slow. I’m just sitting here… praying that no one dares to touch the reset button.

Type your comment> @will135 said:

Anyone found a fast method for the last stage? It’s way too slow. I’m just sitting here… praying that no one dares to touch the reset button.

You can multithread it.

@sampriti heh… multithreading script failed on this one for me originally… anyways, 70% through with it now.

Type your comment> @will135 said:

Angry bird or perhaps something else? -:slight_smile:

Rooted! What a journey lol.

Should the form’s web dir be enumerated further? I’ve tried sub-domains, vhosts, web dirs, etc. to locate this binary and I’m not finding it.

Am I functionally stupid…?

Also, congrats @sampriti, you crushed it.

Type your comment> @farbs said:

Should the form’s web dir be enumerated further? I’ve tried sub-domains, vhosts, web dirs, etc. to locate this binary and I’m not finding it.

Am I functionally stupid…?

Also, congrats @sampriti, you crushed it.

Maybe you should just be less brutal in your efforts -:slight_smile:

how to start in rope machine

need hints to start box

whats wrong with the boxxxxx its restarting every minute !!!

Rope is very hard box that requires special skills and experience.
It was important for me not to restart nor reset box on the root part,
but I guess that more experienced hackers follow more elegant way to root.

stuck on the BOF part !