RE

Finally I found the way to upload a malicious file but I cannot execute it. I need help or an indication

Watch on the blog what extension can be sent. :wink: @n1b1ru

Type your comment> @Seepckoa said:

I found them. I can upload a file and it gets my kali… Anyway I cannot execute it

Type your comment> @n1b1ru said:

I found them. I can upload a file and it gets my kali… Anyway I cannot execute it

I used a Payloadless file and maybe the problem is in saving the file to the right folder and/or to execute it in order to download the malicious payload from my kali

Finally rooted. It was quite a long fight:) Thanks @Seepckoa for help!
User part is straightforward if you read the web. For root - don’t stuck on enumeration for too long, try to understand how ALL files are processed.

i have user
tip: don’t complicate things as this can be time consuming !!!; the process is fairly simple as any other windows box

Can anyone PM me please? I try uploading the file but can not get what I want.

Thx For this box very real!!!

I would like to get this vm

My hints

user: the website is telling you all the hints to get user (is no ghidra) XD

ROOT: Here you will need a similar attack but in other format. Read everything that you can in the machine and try to understand what is doing (like others are saying). The final part of this, get the system shell and read this

Awesome machine really enjoyed

So the user part was pretty straight-forward after reading the stuff on the standard port and related information about it. I found the special directory and obviously something is doing things with the stuff put into that directory. A comment in the thing exploited for user stage suggests something about upstream expecting things in a certain format. I’ve found an application in Program Files but that is not a vulnerable version. The “native” application for the “expected format” is not installed (but might have been prior). I see there are more instances of a certain “powerful thing” running but can’t get a account it’s running under… this turns into some sort of guessing game as I am unable to find out what processes are spawned by that thing. Only thing I have on my mind now is some kind of “overwrite something using something wet and slippery” but if that fails it might brick the box.

I used a Payloadless file and maybe the problem is in saving the file to the right folder and/or to execute it in order to download the malicious payload from my kali

Did you get it ?
I got NTLMv2 credentials … can I do anything with this ? I don’t think we can PTH or ‘easily crack’ NTLMv2 .
I tried s…R…y without much success. Can anyone PM me ? Thanks

My .o** payloads are not working no matter how much I obf them. Is this not the way?

Type your comment> @krypt said:

My .o** payloads are not working no matter how much I obf them. Is this not the way?

No need for obfuscation.

Type your comment> @marote said:

Did you get it ?
I got NTLMv2 credentials … can I do anything with this ? I don’t think we can PTH or ‘easily crack’ NTLMv2 .
I tried s…R…y without much success. Can anyone PM me ? Thanks

Finally…

Type your comment> @farbs said:

Type your comment> @krypt said:

No need for obfuscation.

Yeah apparently the box is not very stable…

Ufff, finally rooted. For me as a Linux guy this was a very tough box. But a very realistic one and I had a lot of fun…

Special kudos to the following people who helped me a lot in understanding this box: @dsavitski @gokuKaioKen @CHUCHO and @m4xp0wer THX!!!

My hints:
USER

• read a lot and use some “basic” skills…
  • use a “simple” way to write a webservice

ROOT

• keep your webservice open… it could help you somehow
  • as mentioned before in the forum: understand the whole process even if it’s not written down somewhere
  • maybe you have to manipulate your exploit a little bit…
  • don’t be afraid of multiple reverse shells
  • use the power to abuse a (as I learned) common windows service
  • if you are not familiar with mz, m***r is your friend

Big shoutout to @0xdf for creating this very realistic and fun box!

Feel free to PM me, if need a hint or two :slight_smile:

“don’t be afraid of multiple reverse shells” - I tried doing that but when I try to spawn a second c**.ee through nc**.ee the connection is terminated immediately. Doesn’t matter if I try to upload a second file with changed parameters or by doing things like “start cd.ee /C n**t.**e …” I get an incoming connection which instantly terminates. Same deal when trying to use mtrpr*ter.

got root. thanks for help @v1p3r0u5 @Seepckoa . PM for hints:)

Type your comment

Nice Box! Message me for help with root